- Quick links
- HEC Alumni
- HEC Foundation
Accounting and management control
Understanding how companies account for their activity has become essential to comprehend their organization and to make the relevant decisions concerning their management.
Research and teaching in Accounting at HEC is the responsibility of the Department of Accounting and Management Control. The Department comprises 15 Professors and 2 Affiliate Professors both in the Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting areas.
The members of the department carry out cutting-edge research and teaching on a wide range of topics in Financial and Managerial Accounting. Faculty and doctoral students in Financial Accounting currently conduct positive empirical research in areas such as international accounting, earnings management, governance, auditing, bankruptcy prediction, goodwill and intangibles.
Sociological and historical research is also very well-represented, notably on topics such as the social construction of accounting practices and the sociology and history of professional and standard setting bodies in Accounting and Auditing.
Research in Management Accounting and Control includes topics such as management control systems (MCS) and practices, performance management and measurement systems (PMMS), the role of management accountants, organizational learning, organizational identities and sense-making, and gender issues.
The department runs a highly successful PhD program, 18 PhDs have been defended over the past 4 years and candidates have been recruited by some of the best Accounting departments (Concordia, HEC Montreal, UC Dublin, ITAM, Essec, ESCP Europe, EM Lyon, ENS Cachan, ESC Rouen...).
The Department at a glance
• 15 Professors and 2 affiliates Professors,
• 15 doctoral students,
• More than 90 articles published between 2004 and 2009 Contribution in 52 chapters in collective books and co-writing of 13 books (including 6 as main author or main editor),
• 3 BNP-Paribas Vernimenn Teaching Awards to faculty members : H.Stolowy, C.Guerlain, A.Lamy,
• 1 Chair in intercultural Management; Director: Eve Chiapello,
• 10 research seminars per year.
- 4 core courses (2 in Financial Accounting, 1 in Management Accounting, 1 in Performance Management & Measurement),
- 1 Majoring specialization in Accounting,
- 1 Majoring specialization in Alternative Management.
- 2 core courses, one in Financial Accounting, one in Managerial Accounting and Control.
- 1 part-time Master in Finance and Control (graduating programme),
- Several customized programmes.
Accounting & Management Control Department
Campus HEC Paris
1, rue de la Libération
78351 Jouy-en-Josas cedex
Accounting and Management ControlConsult résumé