This seminar is an introduction to a 10-hour technical seminar in ethics taking place at the beginning of 2014: "Ethics: financial analysts and portfolio managers".
This course objective is to increase the students’ awareness of the importance of ethics. Students will learn, from the recent scandals and their short and long term impacts:
- Why it matters to act ethically
- How and why both the very nature of finance added to common irrational human biases may impair one’s capacity to act ethically.
- The major rules and laws that have been enacted to protect consumers and shareholders
- How to increase the odds for sound ethical decision making.
- Application and violation of laws and standards of practice, Professionalism and fiduciary duties
- Communication, fair representation and Conflicts of interest
- Reference frame and scope: Financial departments of Corporate firms, Capital Markets, Financial analysis Departments, Financial advisors and Asset Management firms.