Monday, June 10 - Friday, June 21, 2019
Monday, June 24 - Friday, July 5, 2019
Monday, July 8 - Friday, July 19, 2019
The Corporate Finance Summer School program provides students with a financial knowledge base and a ready-to-use toolbox utilized by successful professionals in the finance industry. Participants will learn key Corporate Finance principles. The teaching team includes skilled practitioners who will discuss recent financial transactions with students and share best practices from investment bankers and financial advisors. Classwork is based on real-life, international case studies, using examples of publicly listed companies.
Over the intensive two-week summer period, participants in Corporate Finance will master the most efficient techniques used for financial analysis, equity fund raising, debt issuance as well as merger and acquisition financing. Students will develop financial risk awareness and gain exposure to spread sheet modelling.
International examples will be proposed in order to familiarize students with multicultural environments; the academic team incorporates cross-continental examples from Europe, Asia and America.
Essentials covered during the intensive program include the following:
- Company financial account analysis
- Core financial ratios and concepts
- Start-up and small cap financings and equity fund raising
- Investor expectations and corporate communication
- Dividend policies
- Company valuation
- Mergers and acquisitions financing
Upon successful completion of the summer program, participants will be able to:
- Understand and analyse financial accounts with the framework of a financing structure
- Estimate the financing needs of a corporation and its cost of capital
- Assess which financial instruments (equity or debt) are the most appropriate for a corporation
- Implement a successful capital increase, equity rights issue
- Gain expertise on the most popular hybrid financing instruments: convertible bonds, mezzanine debt, subordinated loans
- Become familiar with securitization
- Decide between investment projects financing using different methods
- Analyse Merger and Acquisition financing and successfully implement a development strategy
- Understand the concept of value creation and the impact on shareholder return based on company financing and capital structure
- Understand how to identify opportunities stemming from market volatility, changes in business cycles or swings in shareholders’ confidence
All core concepts will be explained during the class. There is no prerequisite for attendance. A background in economics or finance is however welcome.
Grading is based on project-work prepared in groups. Several groups will be invited to present their work to the whole class. Individual student participation throughout the program can lead to a grading bonus.
Students who successfully complete the program will earn 7 ECTS credits.*
(*) All students are encouraged to consult their home institution to validate credit transfer.