Monday, June 11 - Friday, June 22, 2018
Monday, June 25 - Friday, July 6, 2018
Monday, July 9 - Friday, July 20, 2018
Upon completion of this intensive program, students will be able to do the following:
- Understand the key variables involved in M&A decisions
- Analyze target selection and analysis
- Optimize deal financing and capital structure
- Decide between cash and share payment
- Negotiate the most relevant premium to optimize Synergies’ value creation
- Build-up a comprehensive and ready-to-use M&A model
- Master due diligence processes, Mergers and Acquisitions techniques
- Understand the concept of signalling theories, valuation of minorities, illiquidity impact, holding structure
- Structure a deal properly in terms of tax impact, including acquisitions versus asset buying
- Be familiar with takeover defenses, leveraged buyouts, mezzanine debts, earn out, special M&A techniques: carve-out, contingency value rights
Student evaluation will be based on the following:
- Case studies
- Problem Sets
- Class participation
- Final project
- Final closed-book test.
Successful completion of the program leads to the award of 7 ECTS credits.*
(*) All students are encouraged to consult their home institution to validate credit transfer.
A Finance professional for more than 25 years, Patrick Legland specializes in Equity, Debt Capital Markets, Merger and Acquisition. He has served as the Managing Director of several Investment Banks in Hong Kong, London and Paris. Having led diverse global teams, Patrick Legland benefits from his vast international experience, which he brings into the classroom. He is currently Global Head of Research, and Member of the Global Capital Market in a large Investment Bank.
Mr. Legland is an Affiliate Professor in the HEC Paris Finance Department, a Graduate Member of the SFAF, and also an instructor of Financial Markets at Sciences Po Paris.
He is also a Board member of the HEC Finance Club. Mr. Legland publishes professional articles and research on the topics of corporate finance, valuation, and financial markets.
In addition, Mr. Legland publishes professional articles and research on the topics of corporate finance, valuation, and financial markets.
More information about the HEC Paris Finance Department