- Created and taught by leading HEC Paris Professors
- Exposure to leading guest speakers
- Real-life luxury case studies
- Accessible to students of all backgrounds with an interest in luxury
- Opportunity to collaborate with diverse peers as part of student work group
- Real-life experience: final student presentation to jury of renowned professionals.
The luxury sector is a key asset in France and it requires a specific set of managerial skills and expertise. The HEC Paris Summer Program in Luxury Management is intended for students who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- a curiosity to learn and understand the luxury business model
- an interest for different ways of doing business
- a taste for refined goods and services
The intensive summer program introduces participants to key concepts and principles of luxury management. The curriculum starts out with an in-depth understanding of luxury, its role in society and the key principles defining it. There is a particular focus on luxury brand management as well as the strategic perspectives and challenges for luxury brands in today’s world.
A variety of teaching methods include cases, workshops and a field experience in downtown Paris, which adds an action-oriented perspective to the program. Participants are encouraged not only to learn new business principles but also to apply them in a real business setting. At the close of the two-week program, students present their team proposals to the concerned brand managers in a Final Jury.
Although the program is intended for participants who have limited experience in luxury, the material and teaching methods are designed in a way that will provide a challenging experience for those who already have some knowledge or experience in the luxury industry.