- Quick links
- HEC Alumni
- HEC Foundation
Events30 May 2017
Thought Leadership on the Sales Profession: Enhancing Sales Force Productivity Conference
- The Thought Leadership on the Sales Profession Conference is an exclusive, invite-only event, attended by the world’s leading academics and senior business leaders interested in sales force effectiveness. The first two conferences were held at the Harvard Business School and Columbia University. The 2017 edition will be be hosted by HEC Paris on May 31st - June 1st 2017.
- When: 30/05/2017 - 01/06/2017
- Where: 28, avenue George V – 75008 Paris
Call for Papers - Thought Leadership on the Sales Profession: Enhancing Sales Force Productivity Conference. Submission deadline: 15 January 2017.
We are pleased to announce a conference intended to promote scholarship and teaching on the sales profession. The conference, bringing together scholars and practitioners, will stimulate the discussion of cutting edge research ideas and emerging trends in the field. It is going to be a relatively exclusive group, as we are planning to make it either by invitation or by paper selection. Interested academics should submit proposals for competitive sessions. Authors of accepted proposals will receive invitations to present their work.
We encourage you to submit your best work in professional selling and sales force management. The submissions should be in the form of 3 to 5 slides that highlight the following:
- Problem – identify the practical problem addressed and why it is important
- Approach – briefly outline your approach (the focus of your presentation should not be methodological, but we do want rigorous methods to support the research)
- Results – highlight your key results
- Implications for Practice – specify how your results can help managers make strategic decisions
Submissions should also include 200-word abstracts (no paper needed). Submission to the conference does not preclude your work from being published by any journal.
We expect the presentations to be focused on substantive questions, key findings, and managerial implications. These presentations should provide valuable insights for practitioners and stimulate idea generation that could spark important contributions to the field of sales and sales management.
The deadline to submit your slides and abstract is 15 January 2017. A committee of leading academics and noted practitioners will select the papers to be presented at the conference.
Please email your submissions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions related to this call for papers can also be addressed to this email.
Mike Ahearne, University of Houston
Dominique Rouziès, HEC Paris
Thomas Steenburgh, Darden School of Business