- Quick links
- HEC Alumni
- HEC Foundation
Best of both worlds: HEC Paris launches MBA-MSc International Finance dual degree8 September 2014
HEC Paris is launching a new and unique dual degree: the MBA-MSc in International Finance. With this new program, HEC Paris brings together the strengths of two of its flagship programs, consistently ranked among the best in the world by the Financial Times.
“The financial crisis has challenged business schools to find new ways to equip their graduates with the right set of knowledge, skills and values. HEC Paris has designed the MBA-MIF dual degree for young professionals who wish to acquire not only the general management education and leadership skills from a leading MBA program, but also advanced technical knowledge in finance to differentiate themselves from their peers. This unique combination will allow dual degree students to fast-track onto senior management positions within finance and consulting,” says Jacques Olivier, Professor of Finance and Program Director.
The structure of the program has been designed:
- to optimize synergies between the two programs with an integrated curriculum that allows students to complete both a 16-month MBA and a 10-month Master in Finance in a total of 20 months.
- to leverage past experience: students with experience in finance start accounting and finance classes at an advanced level.
- to provide early intensive training in finance, and thereby optimize preparation for banking and consulting interviews.
- to allow for a double specialization: in strategy, entrepreneurship or general management for the MBA, together with finance for the MIF.
- to optimize opportunities for networking both within MBA and MIF.
Dual degree students will receive both an MBA and an MSc in International Finance upon completion of the program.
On the occasion of announcing the launch of this new degree, HEC Paris is holding tonight in London a thought-leadership roundtable on "Financial careers: new skills for a new industry". Thierry Foucault, finance professor at HEC, will introduce the debate by presenting the shifts that have affected the financial industry since the financial crisis, from regulatory change to technology breakthroughs. A panel of senior bankers will then discuss how these changes induce a new set of knowledge, skills and values within the industry.
More info: www.mba.hec.edu/Dual-Degrees
Press Contact: Leyla Douci-Habane +220.127.116.11.94.23 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Download [pdf] Back to Press Releases list