Please note that the final admissions round for the 2017 PhD intake is now closed.
The 2018 application system will open Mid-September. To be kept informed you may sign up here
HEC seeks outstanding students with clear ambition to become top researchers. Applicants must hold a Master degree or equivalent and be fully proficient in English. Around 10-12 students are recruited every year.
To apply for the September 2018 intake, applicants are invited to start their application as soon as possible. Filling out an application may take time, not only to answer the questions and write your personal statement, but also find your referees and receive the online recommendations. Preparing the GMAT and GRE test may take several weeks.
Please note that we apply the online application system and that only completed applications including the below information will be accepted:
- GMAT or GRE (Graduate Management admissions tests) or TAGE-MAGE (French test)
- TOEFL, IELTS or TOEIC (English language aptitude tests). Exemptions for English natives and applicants who studied at least one year of their graduate studies in English language.
- 2 online recommendations
- CV (résumé)
- Personal statement motivating your choice of pursuing a Ph.D. in Management
- Scan of official university degrees
- Scan of official transcripts of university studies
- Additional research material that may support your application (dissertation, paper...)
- Copy of your ID or passport
- 1 passport size photo
- Application fee: 40€
HEC Paris codes to send your score report(s):
- GMAT: 0TL-6C-99
- GRE: 0795
- TAGE-MAGE: 982
- TOEFL: 3306
Funding and Support
HEC Paris grants a full tuition waiver and the HEC Foundation cost-of-living scholarships to all Ph.D. students. However, a legal token registration fee of ± 400€ per year applies.
Learn more about funding and scholarships here.