Opening of the system: September 1, 2018
Opening of the system: January 10, 2019
HEC seeks outstanding students with clear ambition to become top researchers. Applicants must hold a Master degree or equivalent with outstanding GPA and be fully proficient in English language. Around 10-12 students are recruited every year.
To apply for the September 2019 intake, we invite you to start your application as soon as possible. Filling out an application may take time, not only to answer the questions and write your personal statement, but also to find your referees and and be sure that they accept to complete the online recommendations. Preparing the GMAT or GRE test may also take time. The average GMAT of admitted students is in general 700.
Please note that we apply the online application system and that only completed applications including the below elements will be accepted:
- Mandatory GMAT or GRE (Graduate Management admissions tests)
- TOEFL or IELTS. Exemptions for English natives and applicants who studied at least one year of their graduate studies in English language.
- 2 online recommendations
- CV (résumé)
- Personal statement motivating your choice of pursuing a Ph.D. in Management
- Scan of official university degree(s)
- Scan of official transcripts of university studies
- Additional research material that may support your application (dissertation, paper, research work, ...)
- Scan of ID or passport
- Scan of a passport size photo
- Application fee: 50€
Please use the below HEC Paris codes to order your score report(s):
- GMAT: 0TL-6C-99
- GRE: 0795
- TOEFL: 3306
Funding and Support
The HEC PhD at HEC is a very selective program and they are supported financially by the HEC Foundation. Therefore we offer a full tuition waiver a cost-of-living scholarships to all Ph.D. students. However, a legal token registration fee of ± 400€ per year for the Doctoral School applies.
Learn more about funding and scholarships here.