The Application system is now closed for the 2018 intake but will open again in September for the 2019 intake.
Opening of the system: September 2018
Opening of the system: January 2019
HEC seeks outstanding students with clear ambition to become top researchers. Applicants must hold a Master degree or equivalent and be fully proficient in English. Around 10-12 students are recruited every year.
To apply for the September 2018 intake, applicants are invited to start their application as soon as possible. Filling out an application may take time, not only to answer the questions and write your personal statement, but also find your referees and receive the online recommendations. Preparing the GMAT and GRE test may also take several weeks.
Please note that we apply the online application system and that only completed applications including the below elements will be accepted:
- Mandatory GMAT or GRE (Graduate Management admissions tests) or TAGE-MAGE (equivalent but in French)
- TOEFL, IELTS or TOEIC (English language aptitude tests). Exemptions for English natives and applicants who studied at least one year of their graduate studies in English language.
- 2 online recommendations
- CV (résumé)
- Personal statement motivating your choice of pursuing a Ph.D. in Management
- Scan of official university degree(s)
- Scan of official transcripts of university studies
- Additional research material that may support your application (dissertation, paper, research work, ...)
- Scan of ID or passport
- Scan of a passport size photo
- Application fee: 40€
Please use the below HEC Paris codes to send your score report(s):
- GMAT: 0TL-6C-99
- GRE: 0795
- TAGE-MAGE: 982
- TOEFL: 3306
Funding and Support
HEC Paris grants a full tuition waiver and the HEC Foundation cost-of-living scholarships to all Ph.D. students. However, a legal token registration fee of ± 400€ per year for the Doctoral School applies.
Learn more about funding and scholarships here.