A Program With Global Reach and Local Ties
The HEC Paris Ph.D. Program builds on a longstanding tradition of excellence. We are renowned for our rigorous selection process, the high caliber and ambition of our students and our small sized program. We admit outstanding candidates from all over the world. Current Ph.D. students joined us from 25 different countries. Doctors are recurrently recruited in the leading business schools worldwide.
A Diversity of Backgrounds
Over 70 students bring to HEC Paris a diversity of experiences and backgrounds. Coming from all continents, of 22 nationalities, they represent a perfect balance of gender (40% women), occupational background and disciplinary training.
A Global Exposure and Experience
Presentations at Top Conferences : We place great emphasis on doctoral student participation in international conferences. We believe that this is an opportunity to showcase their research, receive feedback, and build ties with scholars in other academic institutions. Every academic year, more than 30 students are funded to present at conferences like AAA, AOM, SMS, WFA, EFA, INFORMS, SIOP, and many other top conferences.
Research Stays at Leading Business Schools: Our faculty members support our students in receiving invitations for research stays in top international academic institutions. These visits offer the student great opportunities to sharpen skills, enrich the thesis, broaden the network, and prepare for the job market. They take place during the third and fourth year of the program.
In recent years, HEC PhD students visited institutions for academic exchange, for periods ranging from 3 to 12 months, such as.
- Sloan School of Management, MIT, USA
- Harvard Business School, USA
- John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, USA
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, USA
- Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley, USA
- Booth School of Business, University of Chicago, USA
- Graduate School of Business, Columbia University, USA
- Stern School of Business, New York University, USA
- Department of Psychology, Stanford University, USA
- Stephen M. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, USA
- Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, USA
- Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University, USA
- School of Business & Management, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, China
- Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia, Canada
- London School of Economics, UK
- Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, UK
We recurrently place our graduates in the leading Business Schools of Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Middle East/Africa, and Australia/Oceania
We also maintain strong local ties with the higher education system in France, as we cooperate closely with the best French graduate programs in economics and management. We are founding member of the Paris-Saclay University, an emerging excellence community of research and higher education in France to deliver the French national diploma of « Doctorat ès-sciences de gestion ».