Award-Winning Doctoral Research
Our students participate in international academic conferences. We are proud of their success in representing the scope and strengths of doctoral research at HEC Paris.
A selection of prizes recently won by HEC Ph.D. students over the past 4 years:
Anne Jacqueminet Servantie , PhD 2015, Strategy & Management (Faculty position at Bocconi)
- Peter J. Buckley and Mark Casson AIB Dissertation Award, 2016
- HEC Foundation Doctoral Thesis Prize, 2016
Vincent Meyer , PhD 2017 (expected), Organizations & Human Resources
- AOM - Best Qualitative Paper in International Business, IM Division Gustavson School of Business, 2016
Cédric Gutierrez Moreno, PhD 2017 (expected), Strategy & Management
- AOM Best Empirical Paper Award, Entrepreneurship Division, 2016
Aleksey Korniychuk, PhD 2016 (expected), Strategy & Management
- Consortium on Competitiveness and Cooperation (“CCC”) Conference for Doctoral Student Research 2016
Eui Ju Jeon, PhD 2017 (expected), Strategy & Management
- SMS Strategy Research Foundation Grant 2015
Thomas Bourveau, PhD 2015, Accounting & Management Control (Faculty position at HKUST): "Essays on Empirical Financial Accounting"
- Best paper award at the MIT Asia Conference 2015
Wendy Bradley, PhD 2017 (expected), Strategy & Management
- Future Global Leaders Scholar Award 2014
Joao Albino-Pimentel, PhD 2016, Strategy & Management (Faculty position at University of South Carolina): "Three Essays on the Influence of Political Connections on Firms International Expansion Strategy"
- SMS Strategic Research Foundation Grant 2014
- Best doctoral proposal award at the European International Business Academy conference in Bremen, 2013
Shiva Taghavi, PhD 2015, Human Resources & Organization (Faculty position at NEOMA Business School): "When Your Culture Advocates You: The Effect of Cultural Work Values on Performance"
- AOM - MSR Most Promising Dissertation Award 2014 (finalist)
Luis-Emilio Cuenca Botey, PhD 2015, Accounting & Management Control
Laure Celerier, PhD 2016 (expected), Accounting & Management Control
- APIRA Broadbent & Laughling Emerging Scholar Award 2014
Panikos Georgallis, PhD 2014, Strategy & Management (Faculty position at Univeristy of Surrey): "From opposition to support: The influence of social movement organizations on firm strategy"
- AoM ONE Division Best Dissertation Award (finalist) 2015
- Best Conceptual Paper Award, ENT Division, Academy of Management Meeting 2015
- Best Paper Proceedings, Academy of Management Meeting 2015
- Society for Business Ethics Best Dissertation Award (finalist) 2015
- Industry Studies Association Best Dissertation Award (finalist) 2015
- Best Paper Award Finalist, Sustainability, Ethics & Entrepreneurship (SEE) Conference 2015
- SEE Conference Travel Grant, Kauffman Foundation 2015
Lionel Paolella, PhD 2014, Strategy & Management (Faculty position at Cambridge Judge Business School): "Law and (Re)Order : Impact of Category-Stretching Strategies on Firms’ Performance and Evaluation. The Case of the Corporate Legal Services Market (2000-2010)"
- Wiley Blackwell 2014 Award for Outstanding Dissertation Research in Business Policy and Strategy (finalist)
- SMS Best Conference Paper Prize, 2016
Delphine Gibassier, PhD 2014, Accounting & Management Control (Faculty position at Toulouse Business School): "Environmental Management Accounting Development : Institutionalization, Adoption and Practice"
- Emerald/EFMD Outstanding Doctoral Research Award 2014
Boris Vallée, PhD 2014, Finance (Faculty position at Harvard Business School): "Three Essays on Financial Innovation"
- ESRB Best Paper Prize 2015
- HEC Foundation Doctoral Thesis Prize, 2015
- AFSE Prize for the Best Thesis in Economics in France 2015
- AFFI-Eurofidai Prize for the Best Doctoral Thesis in Financial Markets 2014
- Top Finance Graduate Award 2014, Copenhagen Business School (awarded to the four best Finance PhD graduates in the world)
- Finalist for the Stuart I. Greenbaum Best Finance PhD Award 2013
Mahyar Eftekhar , PhD 2013, Operations Management (Faculty position at Arizona State University): "Fleet Management in the Humanitarian Sector"
- Decision Science Institute Elwood S. Buffa Doctoral Dissertation Award 2014
Martin Goossen, PhD 2014, Strategy & Management (Faculty position at Tilburg University): "Intraorganizational Networks, Interorganizational Collaboration and Firm Innovation"
- Druid Society Best Young Scholar Paper Award 2013
Navid Bazzazian, PhD 2014, Strategy & Management (NBER Fellowship): "Essays in Employee Entrepreneurship"
- AOM Best Student Paper Award (Entrepreneurship Division) 2012
Tiphaine Jérôme, PhD 2013, Accounting & Management Control: "Strategie(s) of voluntary disclosure of greenhouse gas information:The case of the Carbon Disclosure Project"
- AFC-FNEGE Best Thesis Award 2014
Jérôme Dugast, PhD 2013, Finance (Banque de France): "Essays in Financial Market Microstructure"
- HEC Foundation Doctoral Thesis Prize, 2014
- AFFI EUROFIDAI Award 2013
- SAC Capital PhD Candidate Award for Outstanding Research 2013
- Morgan Stanley Prize for Excellence in Financial Markets (first runner-up) 2011
Thomas Roulet, PhD 2013, Strategy & Management (Faculty position at King's College): "Antecedents & Outcomes Organizational Illegitimacy"
- AIMS Roland Calori Best Young Scholar Award 2014
- EGOS Grigor McClelland Best Dissertation Award 2014 (finalist)
Marie Laclau, PhD 2012, Decision Sciences (faculty position at Paris School of Economics): “Repeated Games on Networks and Communication”
- Best Thesis Award, French Economic Association (AFSE) 2013
Jean-Noël Barrot, PhD 2012, Finance (faculty position at MIT Sloan): “Essays in Empirical Financial Economics”
- Top Finance Graduate Award 2013, Copenhagen Business School (awarded to the four best Finance PhD graduates in the world)
- PhD Coller Prize in Private Equity 2012, London Business School
Ilze Kivleniece, PhD 2012, Strategy & Management (faculty position at INSEAD): “Public-Private Ties: Three Essays on Public-Private Boundary Choices, Governance Tradeoffs and Value Implications”
- SMS Strategic Research Foundation Grant 2012
- HEC Foundation Doctoral Thesis Prize, 2013
- SMS Best Conference Paper Prize, 2016
Julien Jourdan, PhD 2011, Strategy & Management (faculty position at Bocconi University): “Logic Duality, Conformity, and Survival in the French Film Industry, 1987/2008”
- EGOS Grigor McClelland Doctoral Dissertation Award 2012
- AOM Best International Dissertation Award 2012
- HEC Foundation Doctoral Thesis Prize, 2012
- Industry Study Association Dissertation Award 2012