- Quick links
- HEC Alumni
- HEC Foundation
- ABOUT SnO
- SnO PARTNERS
- SnO RESEARCH
- SnO TEACHING
- SnO VIDEOS
- SnO NEWS & EVENTS
- CALL FOR PAPERS
- STUDENT POSTS
- CONTACT US
2 RESEARCH FELLOWS/POST-DOCS POSITIONS15 December 2016
The SnO (Society and Organizations) Center at HEC Paris is looking for two
HEC Paris is a leading European Business School, known for its influence and research. The SnO (www.hec.edu/SnO) center at HEC Paris opens two full-time Research Fellow (post-doctorate) positions to conduct research about the social impact of business.
The SnO center, founded in 2009, hosts multiple activities, including research seminars, the Medici Summer School in cooperation with MIT Sloan and Bologna University, and the Movement for Social*Business Impact sponsored by Danone, Renault, Schneider Electric, Sodexo, and Veolia. Within HEC Paris, SnO involves more than 20 professors and 15 PhD students from all departments. It organizes major events between academia and practice, such as the “2 degree challenge” in 2015 and the recent “Finance4Good” conference (September 29th, 2016), which attracted more than 1,000 attendees each. Over the last three years, members of the SnO center published their research in Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Administrative Science Quarterly, American Journal of Sociology, Journal of Management Studies, Organization Science, and Strategic Management Journal among others.
Within SnO, the research fellows’ missions will be:
- To develop their research and benefit from experienced SnO scholars advice. Any method welcome (experiments, fsQCA, regressions, modelling, qualitative…)
- To contribute to develop a scientifically rigorous method of describing and explaining the social impact of a firm’s businesses in liaison with the sponsors of the Movement for Social*Business Impact.
- To help develop teaching materials and disseminate research findings, in particular through peer-reviewed
publications, academic conferences, white papers destined to industry practitioners and events.
There is no teaching requirement attached to the positions, but if interested, teaching is possible at various levels within the School programs.
Rodolphe Durand, Founder and Academic Director of SnO, will supervise the different projects, both academic and in collaboration with the multinational companies.
Research Fellows are required to be in residence for the duration of the appointment. The dates of the employment relationship can be negotiated, starting at earliest in January 2017. Each position is offered for a period of 18 months.
We are looking for highly motivated junior scholars whose research interests and skills are aligned with the SnO center.
- Doctorate or Ph.D. in Strategy, OT, Sociology, Economics (non exhaustive list)
- Knowledge of and interest for the field of CSR, hybrid organizations, social enterprises,…
- Ability to publish research in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to manage projects and to organize events autonomously
- Ability and appetite to work with academics and industry executives alike
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Fluent English
Qualified candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
including (1) a letter of application/research statement, (2) a detailed curriculum vitae including the list of
publications (if relevant), (3) a job market paper, and (4) 2 letters of recommendation. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
Back to News list
News & Events
November 21 marked a celebration of entrepreneurship, innovation and HEC Paris’ expertise in both (...)
Call for papers
Please find HERE the text of the call for papers for this Journal of Management Studies' (...)
Call for Papers: Measuring the Impact of Business on Well-being and Sustainability The 6th OECD (...)
The 10th Annual Research Conference of ARCS (Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability) (...)