Carefully managing the different functions that are necessary to develop the performance of their business unit in an ethical and responsable way, is just as important as their leadership skills and their ability to develop the talents in their teams and helping them to innovate.
They also have to prepare their teams to meet the challenge of energy transition, adapt to geopolitical changes and technological disruption by transforming them into opportunities to create value for all the stakeholders in the company.
The aim of our action-based learning approach is to strike the right balance between theory, practice, methodology, authentic cases, active listening, public speaking, sharing different experiences, developing skills and both individual and group. This ensures you acquire hands-on knowledge and skills you can apply immediately when you return to the workplace.
Analyze, understand and master the internal and external challenges
- Strategic analysis and the main generic methodologies
- The search for new opportunities and risk analysis
- Mastering the financial challenges and the marketing of your strategic business unit
Establish the strategy and the action plan
- Evolution of the business model and validation of the chosen strategy
- Taking into account market changes and the digital revolution
- Functional definition of the strategy, especially in terms of marketing and financ
Mobilizing the internal and external teams
- The challenges of the Supply Chain and its internal and external actors
- Create and share value with your different partner
- Mobilize human capital through people and talent management
- Align change management with the identity and culture of the company
- Transforming the strategic plan into an action plan
- Leading and managing performance
- Tools for monitoring activity and results (VMRP, Balance Scorecard, Activity Based Management, and Target Costing)
In-depth study electives
The electives are updated every year. Examples include: artificial intelligence, supply chain in the age of multi-channel, data-driven strategy and Big Data, digital strategy, ethics as a management tool, change management, remote management, collaborative innovation, pricing, attributes & costing.
Applying the strategy in a competitive environment (business game)
Implementing strategy in a competitive context by leading a business unit in an interactive environment.
The latest trends in entrepreneurship
The necessary conditions for innovation, entrepreneurial spirit, risk management, developing intrapreneurship, financing needs and the principles of their implementation, business models, marketing and competitive advantage, changing yourself to change others.
The art of leadership
- Self-awareness, discovering your talents and potential while managing stress and work life balance
- Time management, decision-making, resolving conflict, and understanding the challenges of management today
- Developing your impact, public speaking, and awakening your sensitivity and emotional intelligence
The challenges and perspectives for sustainable development
The major geopolitical changes, ethical issues for managers, managerial changes, new emerging business models: the challenges of energy transition and sustainable development.
The thesis gives you the opportunity to apply all the theoretical and operational expertise acquired during the program. It also lends itself to in-depth reflection, which will be useful for all participants: either to implement the project in their company, or to shed light on an important professional issue for them or their company
Explore funding options
Find out more about possible funding options for the program you have chosen.
CPF eligible program
Degree title: Strategic Unit Manager
*Net price, HEC Paris is not subject to Value Added Tax. Prices, dates, faculty and program content are subject to change.
In this video, discover Christopher Hogg's insights.
Download the brochure
Fields preceded by an * are mandatory. Failure to fill out the correct fields will delay your brochure request. By completing this form, you are giving consent to HEC Paris to collect your data in order to process your request for documentation, offer you its training programs and ensure their follow-up. You have a right to access, modify, oppose, delete, limit, transfer, and to inform us how you wish your personal data to be processed, in the event of your death, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more about the management of your personal data and your rights
ARE YOU INTERESTED ?
Tell us a little more about yourself
Do you feel that this program could be made for you? In order to get feedback from our admissions teams regarding your suitability for the program, please do not hesitate to fill in our short online form below.
Of ou participants have given the program a score of between 4 and 5 out 5
|Graduation Year||Graduation Rate||Drop-out Rate||Graduation Awarding Jury|