Investment Banking and International Finance
WHY THIS SUMMER PROGRAM?
- Created and taught by leading HEC Paris Professors
- Courses based on real-life and recent case studies
- Accessible to non-Finance students (e.g. engineering and other backgrounds)
- Leading guest speakers during case-study discussions
- HEC Paris expertise in Finance: award-winning programs, number 1 pre-experience Global Master in Finance worldwide in 2018 (Financial Times)
A PROGRAM ROOTED IN CURRENT ECONOMIC REALITIES
The globalized economy creates increasing demand for professionals with well-established international corporate finance expertise. Combining fundamental learning and real-life practice, the course prepares to undertake careers in investment banking, or corporate finance areas. Through both ready-to-use tools and practical knowledge, participants will be able to implement finance strategies and make appropriate decisions. The intensive summer program addresses the following topics:
- Financial analysis
- Start-up Valuation and Fund raising
- Debt and Hybrid financing
- Development Financing
- Window Dressing
- M&A and Brand Valuation.
Students will benefit from the experience of leading guest speakers who may include CEOs, Chief Financial Officers and Investment Bankers.
Upon successful completion of the summer program, participants will be able to:
- Apply Investment Banking tools successfully
- Recognize key accounting principles and links among the 3 main financial statements
- Analyze a company’s financial performance
- Understand company decisions on capital structure
- Ascertain how company stakeholders work together despite diverging interests
- Identify the ways companies raise funds (debt and equity) as well as the associated costs
- Comprehend the methods CFOs/CEOs and Investment Bankers use to value companies
- Identify key drivers of M&A transactions
- Analyze an M&A transaction
- Understand the purpose of leveraged buyouts (LBOs), their structure and means of success.
There is no formal prerequisite for attendance. As the program focuses on the most recent, real-life case studies, students with a background in economics, corporate finance and accounting, will also benefit most from the course. Students who do not have this experience may wish to consider the Corporate Finance Program offered in Intake 1 of the 2019 Summer School.
Participant evaluation is based on project-work prepared in groups. Several groups will be invited to present their work to the whole class. Individual student participation throughout the program can lead to a grading bonus.
Students who successfully complete the program will earn 7 ECTS credits.*
(*) All students are encouraged to consult their home institution to validate credit transfer.
|Intake 1||Intake 2||Intake 3|
|Monday, June 10 - Friday, June 21, 2019||Monday, June 24 - Friday, July 5, 2019||Monday, July 8 - Friday, July 19, 2019|
|Entrepreneurship - The Start-up Studio||Inclusive and Social Business Strategies||Investment Banking and International Finance|
|Geopolitics, Globalization and Business Strategy||Investment banking and International Finance||Luxury Management|
|Corporate Finance||Marketing for the Digital Era||Mergers and Aquisitions|
|Luxury Management||Financial Markets and Asset Management||Statistics and Business Analytics|
|Accelerated Luxury Management *||The Future of Energy|
*Full week on campus – preceded by intensive online study.