Participants will have the option to choose between two-week sessions fully offered on campus or an accelerated one-week session, which requires online preparation by students prior to arrival.
WHY THIS SUMMER PROGRAM?
- Created and taught by leading HEC Paris Professors
- Exposure to leading guest speakers
- Real-life luxury case studies
- Accessible to students of all backgrounds with an interest in luxury
- Opportunity to collaborate with diverse peers as part of student work group
- Real-life experience: final student presentation to jury of renowned professionals.
A PROGRAM ROOTED IN CURRENT ECONOMIC REALITIES
The luxury sector is a key asset in France and it requires a specific set of managerial skills and expertise. The HEC Paris Summer Program in Luxury Management is intended for students who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- a curiosity to learn and understand the luxury business model
- an interest for different ways of doing business
- a taste for refined goods and services
The intensive summer program introduces participants to key concepts and principles of luxury management. The curriculum starts out with an in-depth understanding of luxury, its role in society and the key principles defining it. There is a particular focus on luxury brand management as well as the strategic perspectives and challenges for luxury brands in today’s world.
A variety of teaching methods include cases, workshops and a field experience in downtown Paris, which adds an action-oriented perspective to the program. Participants are encouraged not only to learn new business principles but also to apply them in a real business setting. At the close of the two-week program, students present their team proposals to the concerned brand managers in a Final Jury.
Although the program is intended for participants who have limited experience in luxury, the material and teaching methods are designed in a way that will provide a challenging experience for those who already have some knowledge or experience in the luxury industry.
Upon successful completion of the summer program, participants will be able to:
- Achieve familiarity with the luxury sector, its products and services;
- Understand the key specificities of the luxury business in terms of managerial practices;
- Apply the key management principles in the luxury industry to make appropriate business decisions;
- Describe and analyze the characteristics of a luxury brand and get a sense of the prerequisites to be able to build one over time;
- Develop and formulate a luxury strategy based on the offering’s characteristics and market opportunities;
- Understand the implications of a luxury strategy from a financial perspective.
Luxury Management Summer Program: 2 weeks on campus, which students can choose to pursue either during Intake 1 or Intake 3.
Accelerated Luxury Management Summer Program: 1 week on campus from July 1 to July 5.
The Accelerated Program includes a required digital component prior to arrival. Participants who choose this offering should expect to dedicate approximately 20 preparation hours through sophisticated online content, accessible from their home or abroad as of June 10th. This pre-program preparation ensures that all participants are equipped with the luxury management knowledge to make the most of their HEC Paris experience at the time of the program start on July 1.
|Intake 1||Intake 2||Intake 3|
|Monday, June 10 - Friday, June 21, 2019||Monday, June 24 - Friday, July 5, 2019||Monday, July 8 - Friday, July 19, 2019|
|Entrepreneurship - The Start-up Studio||Inclusive and Social Business Strategies||Investment Banking and International Finance|
|Geopolitics, Globalization and Business Strategy||Investment banking and International Finance||Luxury Management|
|Corporate Finance||Marketing for the Digital Era||Mergers and Aquisitions|
|Luxury Management||Financial Markets and Asset Management||Statistics and Business Analytics|
|Accelerated Luxury Management *||The Future of Energy|
*Full week on campus – preceded by intensive online study.