The 12th edition of the Medici Summer School on Strategies for the Future of Work
We are pleased to announce the organization of the 12th edition of the Medici Summer School in Management Studies for doctoral students and young researchers which will be held online this year, June 11 – June 19, 2020. The school is organized and sponsored by Bologna Business School (University of Bologna), HEC Paris (Society and Organizations Center and the HEC Foundation), and MIT Sloan School of Management (Economic Sociology PhD Program).
The Summer School is designed to promote doctoral education and research in organization theory and related fields (economic sociology, management studies, strategy) and contribute to the development of enlightened practice in the management of business organizations. The Medici Summer School advocates a special focus on cross-fertilizing research across North American and European traditions. The Summer School is a unique educational program for qualified doctoral students interacting with thought leaders in the management field who have shared their knowledge and wisdom on frontier research topics.
Theme: Strategies for the Future of Work
The Medici School combines lectures and research seminars by prominent international scholars with active engagement by participating students.
Online Program and Faculty
- Thursday June 11: Kick off and Introduction with the Host Faculty Members
- Friday June 12: Genre (Optional), Ezra Zuckerman-Sivan, MIT Sloan
- Monday June 15: Peter Capelli, The Wharton School
- Tuesday June 16: Clarita Gërxhani, European University Institute
- Wednesday June 17: Paul Adler, University of Southern California + Covid -19 discussion (Optional)
- Thursday June 18: Ruthanne Huising, EMLYON Business School
- Friday June 19: András Tilcsik, University of Toronto
The Summer School will begin Thursday, June 11 and will conclude the morning of Friday June 19.