AI, Robotics and Work
HEC Paris' Society & Organizations (S&O) Center and HEC Alumni are pleased to announce the theme for their annual conference :
“…the challenge ahead appears to be as much about culture and leadership as it is about data, analytics, and technology.”
Quote : Microsoft’s report “Artificial Intelligence in Europe: Outlook for 2019 and Beyond”
What is the promise of artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics for organizations and society?
Despite the hype about these technologies, their promise and their perils depend on teams, organizations, policies, culture and leadership. In short, they depend on how we structure our society and organizations.
Please join us in exploring these issues during HEC’s fourth annual conference organized by the S&O and HEC Alumni Association and supported by HEC IDEA Center and DATAIA Institute.
We hope to bring together academics and industry leaders to answer questions such as:
- Does artificial intelligence foster or reduce our existing biases and societal inequality?
- How do machines and teams interact in organizations?
- How should businesses be structured so that they benefit from AI and robotics?
- What governance rules – policies, regulations, collective action- can ensure we all benefit from these technologies?
- What is the promise of artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics for organizations and society?
16:30 - Introduction
17:15 - Parallel Panel Discussions:
- Impact of AI and robotics on the labor market
- Challenge and opportunities for AI and robotics for firms
- Organizational structure and governance
18:45 - Cocktail & networking
20:00 - Plenary Session