S&O PURPOSE DAY 2023 - Bringing change with Purpose
The S&O Purpose Center is happy to invite you to the first edition of the Purpose Day, on corporate purpose: “ Bringing Change with Purpose”, on March 14th, 6 p.m. in Paris (Philanthro-lab-15 rue de la Bûcherie, 75005).
Over the past years, there has been an explosion of interest in purpose-driven leadership. Academics, leaders and business experts make the case that purpose-based organizations are able to unleash human and business potential. Then, it is time to discuss the ways to elaborate and incarnate Purpose, its actual effects, and the conditions for making the most of it:
How can purpose best be elaborated and embodied?
Does purpose bring positive change within teams and
for team members?
What impact does purpose have on stakeholders?
Denis Machuel is CEO of Adecco Group, the world's leading temporary employment agency. He is former CEO of Sodexo (2018-2021).
4-5:30 p.m: Research Purpose Seminar [in English]
Interactive presentation of the ongoing research projects surprising results, led by S&O Purpose Center PhD students and researchers:
- Rodolphe Durand, Academic Director of the Purpose Center, HEC Paris: “Let’s Be Clear: Explaining Purpose Clarity”
- Chang-Wa Huynh, PhD Student, HEC Paris: “Too Much of a Good Thing? Legitimacy Judgments and Willingness to Join a Prosocial Purpose-driven Company”
- Harrison Munro-Clark, PhD Student, HEC Paris: “Multiple Goals and Firm Performance: Reviving a Managerial Theory of the Firm?”
- Nauman Asghar, PhD Student, HEC Paris: “Innovative Climate in teams: Autonomy × Trust and Purpose
- Pauline Asmar, PhD Student, HEC Paris: “Does a team commitment increase with a stronger communication of firm’s purpose? A leader-member exchange perspective”
Coffee break and welcome to the following session.
6-7.30 p.m.: Bringing Change with Purpose [in French]
6 p.m.: Purpose@HEC: What's new?
Rodolphe Durand (Academic Director of the S&O institute and the Purpose Center) and Romain Briat (Executive Director) will share the findings of the Purpose Center's research and the new pedagogical initiatives.
6.15 p.m.: Keynote speech
We are honored to welcome as keynote speaker, Denis Machuel, CEO of Adecco Group, the world's leading temporary employment agency. Denis is also the former CEO of Sodexo (2018-2021).
Dialogue with Mariana Arnaut, Co-founder & CEO of bal.care.
We will explore the following questions: How to formulate, implement and incarnate an authentic purpose? How can the purpose serve as a practical compass for the company?
7.30 p.m.: Cocktail and networking
For more information about the event, please contact Iiris Sacchet: email@example.com