- Quick links
- HEC Alumni
- HEC Foundation
About HEC Paris
Founded in 1881 by the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry, HEC Paris specializes in education and research in management sciences. As a leading academic institution in Europe and worldwide, HEC Paris offers a complete and unique range of education programs for students and leaders. HEC Paris has a permanent faculty of 110 professors, 4,000 students and over 8,500 managers in executive education programs every year.
A complete and unique program portfolio
- Master in Management – Grande Ecole program: leader in Europe for several years, the Grande Ecole program recruits students with little or no professional experience through a rigorous admissions process, and guides them towards top careers in management.
- Masters Programs -Specialized Masters and MSc- are designed for students at postgraduate level who want to acquire high-level expertise and professional know-how in their chosen specialization. They are aimed at students with little or no professional experience, who already hold a bachelor’s degree from a university in France or abroad.
- MBA program: custom-designed for young managers with 6 years work experience on average, the MBA is a highly selective program which enhances their leadership potential to boost and change their career paths.
- Executive Education programs: HEC Paris offers unique learning opportunities for managers and executives,
- TRIUM Global Executive MBA in partnership with New York University, Stern School of Business (NYU Stern) and London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- HEC Executive MBA, offers 8 tracks in 5 locations (EMBA France, EMBA St. Petersburg, EMBA China Beijing /Shanghai, EMBA Doha) and 8 Majors
- HEC Executive Masters: HEC Oxford Consulting and Coaching for Change and Executive Masters in French.
- Open-enrolment and custom programs as well as tailor-made coaching services.
- PhD program: designed for professor-researchers, the PhD is a highly selective program which offers high quality internationally renowned training in management sciences.
Cutting-edge Faculty and Research
HEC Paris has a full-time faculty of 110 professors, holding PhDs from the world’s most prestigious universities. 65% of the faculty is international.
- 60 books published in French and 16 other languages, among which: “Strategor”, “International Investment”, “Industrial Management and Logistics”
- 390 articles in refereed academic journals
- 950 presentations at academic conferences
In addition to the full-time faculty HEC Paris counts:
- 57 Affiliate professors, generally prominent members of the business community who have established a long-term relationship with HEC Paris
- 25 Visiting professors from prestigious universities worldwide
- 700 lecturers
Privileged corporate relationships
HEC Paris maintains close relationships with the business world. This cooperation can take many forms and is tailored to companies’ areas of activity, as well as their research and recruitment needs. HEC Paris is a central partner to numerous prestigious multinationals which support HEC’s ambitions, participate in its strategic orientation, and provide a direct link between the academic and business worlds.
View the list of Chairs
View the list of corporate partners of the HEC Foundation
HEC Paris also offers centers of specialized studies open to students and professionals, including: the Entrepreneurship Center, HEC Eurasia Institute, the HEC Europe Institute, the Finance Club, the Alternative Management Observatory and the “Society and Organizations” (SnO) Research Center.
International exchanges, dual-degree programs, and joint-degree options are offered in partnership with over 100 prestigious partner institutions worldwide including: Freie Universität Berlin, the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Faculty of Business Administration, Fundação Getulio Vargas-EAESP, the Graduate School of Management of St Petersburg State University, the IIM Ahmedabad, the London School of Economics, the National University of Singapore Business School, the Stern School of Business New York University, Tsinghua University School of Economics & Management, Oxford Saïd Business School, the Keio Business School in Tokyo and more recently the Technische Universität München.
HEC Paris is a founding member of ParisTech, a science, technology and management institute which brings together 12 of France’s most prestigious Grandes Ecoles: each of these select universities is recognized as the best in its domain in France. The complementary nature of ParisTech’s fields of excellence means that researchers, students and all institutional partners and companies get access to an exceptional pool of talent cutting across a full range of subjects.
HEC Paris is also a founding member of the Paris-Saclay Campus which brings together the best research institutions in France in a high potential science and technology cluster. Its ambition is to become one of the world’s top universities, in terms of knowledge produced and quality of teaching. In 2012, within the framework of the French government’s reform scheme for higher education, an international jury selected 8 laureates, amongst which the Paris-Saclay Excellence Initiative (Idex). HEC Paris is the only Grande Ecole business school to be part of an Idex in France.