- Business Performance Management
- Company Law
- Corporate Finance
- Decision and Data Modeling
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Economics
- Financial Markets
- Leading Organizations
- Methods of Cost Analysis
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Language courses (including a compulsory French course in the first semester of M1).
+ One of the following courses:
- Bayesian Decision Analysis
- Credit Rating
- Financial Geography in Central and Eastern Europe
- Inside Venture Capital
- International Banking
- Mergers & Acquisition and Due Diligence
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Financial Analysis
- Modeling and Data Analysis
- Project Finance
- Business Strategy for the Digital Age
- Comparative Politics of Latin America
- Euro-American Comparative Politics
- Geopolitics of the Arctic
- Implementing Strategy
- Understanding The Middle East: Economic and Strategic Fundamentals
HR, Social Responsibility, Sustainable Development
- Ethics and Sustainability
- Global Human Resources Management
- Introduction To 21st-Century Energy Challenges
- Intercultural Management & HR
- Leading Change: Winning Hearts and Minds
- Technologies, Climate Change and Future of Energy
- International Marketing
- Marketing Models for Practical Decision Making and Consulting
- New Product Development
- Sports Marketing
- Wine Marketing
Electives taught in French
- Apprendre à concevoir un site web
- Assurance : principes et défis
- Droit des fusions et acquisitions
- Droit du travail : relations individuelles et relations collectives
- Droit européen
- De la stratégie militaire au succès dans l’entreprise
- Entreprises et développement durable
- Exercer un management responsable
- Financement de l’innovation et des startups
- Fusions-Acquisitions : stratégie et mise en œuvre
- Gagner la préférence clients : nouvel enjeu stratégique des entreprises
- Générer du trafic en ligne et le convertir en (vrais) clients
- Gestion de Patrimoine
- Initiation à la création d’une entreprise innovante
- Innovation : préparer le futur avec la méthode des scénarios
- Introduction au capital investissement (private equity)
- La finance au service de la stratégie d’entreprise
- Le business modèle du low-cost
- Le pouvoir des images façonne-t-il notre vision du monde ?
- Le secteur économique du tourisme
- Les fondamentaux techniques du web, du mobile et de l’esprit start-up
- Management des industries culturelles
- Modélisation financière : business plan
- Politiques sociales
- Pratique et enjeux de la distribution
- Responsabilité sociale de l’entreprise
- Stratégie comparée
- Systèmes Sociaux et Compétitivité
The "Academies" offer M1 students the unique opportunity to explore different fields of work. Taking place over three weeks in January, the "Academies" consist of a range of seminars on particular themes in rotation with theoretical classes and practical workshops, fieldwork and team-based activities.
- Intensive French Language & Culture Academy (For all international students who have a French level less than B2)
- Investment Banking Academy - Corporate finance
- Philanthropy - Tocqueville's Civil Society Challenge for Social Entrepreneurship Academy
- The Luxury retail Academy - LVMH
- Winter Camp Coding Academy
Students with a high level of French have access to an even greater number of "Academies", offered exclusively in French.
Students have many opportunities to work with companies on real-life consultancy projects and ‘live cases’, for instance with EDF, L’Oréal Paris, Procter & Gamble, PwC, Roland Berger, TBWA, etc.
As an international business school, HEC Paris welcomes students from all over the world. Almost one hundred nationalities live on the campus. It's a fantastic opportunity to discover other cultures and to share exceptional moments, and it's important that students can communicate as much as they wish.
HEC Paris Learning Center of Languages aims at helping students to learn or strengthen any language they would like, providing a wide range of I.T. and print resources.
MiM students do not need to speak French to enroll in the program as all core courses and most electives are offered in English. However, some knowledge of French can be useful to enjoy the full HEC experience, become professionally bicultural and optimize networking with French students and alumni. This is why HEC Paris offers French language classes free of charge to its international students, including an Intensive French Language & Culture Academy in January.
Students may also register for the HEC Paris French School (TEF certificate – all levels) in August. This is an exceptional opportunity to learn French and to live in the very heart of Paris before joining the campus.
Students are supported in their professional project with a 6-step career roadmap with efficient tools and resources:
- one-on-one coaching sessions
- career events
- mock interviews
Between M1 and M2, students have the opportunity to take a gap year.
Choosing to take a gap year can make a real difference in your curriculum at HEC Paris.
Though optional, this experience is an opportunity to enrich your résumé with a solid professional experience. Discovering the reality of the business world in a specific field of your choice (marketing, finance, consultancy, communication…), you’ll be able to sharpen your career goals.
HEC Paris opens to various possibilities. You may choose to complete a one-year internship in a single company in order to get a solid professional experience in a function. But you also have the option of undertaking 2 6-month internships so you can discover different jobs and sectors.
This real life experience will also help you to widen your perspective, to ensure that you are on the right path to achieve your objectives. You will then pursue your course at HEC Paris with a more accurate vision and a renewed determination.
Not to mention that this gap year is the perfect way to improve your French and to soak up even more of the French culture.
The second year of the Master Cycle consists of a specialized curriculum (approximately 350 hours or 40 ECTS credits) and a research paper (20 ECTS credits).
Students have access to 7 groups of specializations, which lead to 7 different Grande Ecole master’s degrees (see list below).
Students have access to a wide range of specializations in Management, be it on HEC campus or in one of our international partners. Most of our specializations are fully taught in English (more specific languages requirements are clearly indicated when necessary) and award our graduates with the HEC Master in Management Degree.
Specializations in Management offered on HEC campus:
- Strategic Management
- International Finance (Double Degree options: Tsinghua and University of Wisconsin)
- Economics - Paris Saclay Master in Economics (joint program with Ecole Polytechnique, ENSAE, ENS Cachan and Paris Sud University)
- Managerial and Financial Economics (exchange opportunities with Stockholm School of Economics, Luigi Bocconi University and St.Gallen University)
- Corporate Financial Management (exchange opportunities with St.Gallen University, Stockholm School of Economics, Copenhagen Business School, London School of Economics, Bocconi University and Vienna University of Economics and Business)
- Entrepreneurship (requires French proficiency; also called "Majeure Entrepreneurs")
- Digital (requires French proficiency)
- Project Management (requires French proficiency; also called "Majeure Management de Grands Projets")
Specializations in Management offered with our partners
- CEMS Joint Degree (within the majors International Business and Corporate Financial Management)
- Master Exchange Program (also within the Major International Business)
- International Double Degrees in Management:
- USA: MIT - Sloan School of Management, Cambridge (Master of Business Analytics)
- Brazil: Fundação Getulio Vargas, São Paulo (Professional Master in International Management)
- China: Tsinghua University, Beijing (SEM Master)
- Germany: Technische Universität München, München (Master in Management and Technology)
- India: The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (Post Graduate Program in Management)
- Italy: Università Bocconi, Milan (access to 4 MSc programs)
- Japan: Keio Business School (MBA taught in Japanese) and Keio University, Tokyo (Master in Economics)
- Russia: GSOM, St Petersburg (Master in Management)
- Spain: ESADE, Barcelona (access to 4 MSc programs)
- Switzerland: Universität St. Gallen (access to 4 MSc programs)
- Singapore: National University of Singapore NUS Business School (Master of Science in Management)
There are two options available to our students:
- The Double Degree in Business Law with Paris 1 – Panthéon-Sorbonne (taught in French)
- Stratégie juridique et fiscale internationale (taught in French)
These two options award our graduates with the HEC Master in Management & Business Law degree.
There are 4 options available to our students:
- The MPA double degree in Public Policy HEC Paris / Freie Universität Berlin (taught in German)
- The MPA double degree in International Relations HEC Paris / MGIMO (taught in English)
- The MPA double degree in Public Policy HEC Paris / Georgetown University
- The double degree Corporate and Public Management HEC Paris / Sciences Po Paris (taught in French)
These four options award our graduates with the HEC Master in Management & Public Affairs degree.
This specialization awards our graduates with the HEC Master in Management, Sustainability & Social Innovation.
- Médias, Art et Création (taught in French)
This specialization awards our graduates with the HEC Master in Management, Media, Arts & Creation degree.
- Double Degree in «Sciences cognitives» with Ecole Normale Supérieure Ulm, EHESS and Paris V - René-Descartes (taught in French)
This specialization awards our graduates with the HEC Master in Management & Cognitive Science degree.
- Double Degree with the "Centre Français du Journalisme" (taught in French)
This specialization awards our graduates with the HEC Master in Management & Journalism
Sponsored by a company, Certificates are a set of interdisciplinary courses and other types of field work related to a given sector. Each student selected for a certificate will be awarded an additional HEC certificate if he/she validates all the requirements of the course.
- Digital Entrepreneurship
- Digital Transformation with Axa
- Energy & Finance with Deloitte et Société Générale
- Excellence in Client Experience with LVMH
- Leadership with Pernod Ricard
- Luxury with Kering (Gucci, Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Stella McCartney, Sergio Rossi, Boucheron...)
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Social Business/Enterprise and Poverty with Danone, Schneider Electric and Renault.
The business environment has changed very rapidly in recent years and will continue to do so in the future. New paradigms, techniques and centers of power are emerging and call for highly advanced knowledge in the field of management. This is precisely what we aim to offer in the Master in Management / Grande Ecole Program at HEC Paris. At the same time, we expect our graduates to foresee these changes and be able to make a difference in this evolving world. This explains why HEC Paris seeks to attract the best students from all over the world for its Master’s Program. For more than a century now, HEC Paris has contributed to building the ‘Grande Ecole spirit’, embodied by academic excellence and selectivity.
The curriculum is divided into two phases: the first phase is an immersion in the foundations of business knowledge while the second phase is dedicated to a specialization that you will choose according to your professional project, followed by an optional Certificate. Many specializations are offered not only on campus but also through a large range of international options.
The program immensely benefits from close ties with the business community: our numerous corporate partners actively participate in the recruiting events that we organize throughout the year, and are heavily involved in the curriculum (through direct participation in courses, training seminars, consultancy projects and conferences). This strikes a perfect balance within the program between theory and practice, which is the trademark of HEC Paris’ approach to management education.
We believe that one key asset HEC Paris offers is our renowned and long-established tradition of welcoming international students. We succeed in providing a strong international environment through our program content, its international exposure, the involvement of the business community, and the network of 52,300 alumni. The HEC campus is indeed an amazing living and learning environment, ideally located next to Paris’ rich cultural and social life: living there with the brightest students is clearly a rewarding and enriching experience.
Joining HEC Paris’ Master in Management will make a profound difference to your life, allowing you to become part of a community dedicated to helping each of its members to succeed.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Eloïc Peyrache, Associate Dean, HEC Paris