- Created and taught by leading HEC Paris Professors
- Exposure to leading guest speakers
- Real-life luxury case studies
- Accessible to students of all backgrounds with an interest in luxury
- Opportunity to collaborate with diverse peers as part of student work group
- Real-life experience: final student presentation to jury of renowned professionals.
The luxury sector is a key asset in France and it requires a specific set of managerial skills and expertise. The HEC Paris Summer Program in Luxury Management is intended for students who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- a curiosity to learn and understand the luxury business model
- an interest for different ways of doing business
- a taste for refined goods and services
Participants are introduced to key concepts and principles of luxury management. The curriculum starts out with an in-depth understanding of luxury, its role in society and the key principles defining it. There is a particular focus on luxury brand management as well as the strategic perspectives and challenges for luxury brands in today’s world.
A variety of teaching methods include cases, workshops and a field experience in downtown Paris, which adds an action-oriented perspective to the program. Participants are encouraged not only to learn new business principles but also to apply them in a real business setting. At the close of the two-week program, students present their team proposals to the concerned brand managers in a Final Jury.
Although the program is intended for participants who have limited experience in luxury, the material and teaching methods are designed in a way that will provide a challenging experience for those who already have some knowledge or experience in the luxury industry.
Luxury Management Summer Program: 2 weeks on campus, which students can choose to pursue either during Intake 1 or Intake 3.
Accelerated Luxury Management Summer Program: 1 week on campus from July 1 to July 5.
The Accelerated Program includes a required digital component prior to arrival. Participants who choose this offering should expect to dedicate approximately 20 preparation hours through sophisticated online content, accessible from their home or abroad as of June 10th. This pre-program preparation ensures that all participants are equipped with the luxury management knowledge to make the most of their HEC Paris experience at the time of the program start on July 1.