- Quick links
- HEC Alumni
- HEC Foundation
Economics & Decision Sciences
The Department of Economics and Decision Sciences counts 12 full-time faculty members, with colleagues from 7 different nationalities and 6 holders of foreign Ph.D. degrees, 7 affiliate professors.
Research in the department is active both in economics, decision theory and statistics, with faculty members exploring macroeconomics, international trade, game theory, information theory, decision theory, learning and robust statistics….
Members of the department publish regularly in top academic journals in Economics and Statistics such as Econometrica , Games and Economics Behavior , Journal of Econometrics , Journal of Economic Theory , Journal of Mathematical Economics , Management Science , Operations Research , Rand Journal of Economics , as well as other highly regarded international journals.
The department runs a highly successful Ph.D. program and hosts visiting faculty from leading US and European schools. It sponsors 3 research seminars series per year.
The department has the responsibility of teaching in economics, statistics, both at the undergraduate level and within specialized master programs.
The Department at a glance
- 20 professors and 4 visitings
- More than 30 articles published the last 2 years
- Decision Analysis Society Publication Award won in 2009 by Mohamed ABDELLAOUI
- Nicolas VIEILLE received Lanchester Prize in Operations Research and Management Science in 2003
- 3 prizes including 2 Teaching Awards Vernimmen BNP-Paribas
- Axa Chair, Director: Itzhak GILBOA
- 3 research seminars series per year
Members are also active in the doctoral program.
The department is responsible for two Master Programs, « Managerial and Financial Economics » and « Quantitative economics and Finance ».
Economics & Decision Sciences Department
Campus HEC Paris
1, rue de la Libération
78351 Jouy-en-Josas cedex