The Grande Ecole program is designed for high potential students from all backgrounds with little or no professional experience who are driven to become influential leaders in tomorrow’s world.
Our 2014 intake included students from more than 40 nationalities, with half coming from outside Europe.
Read more on MiM students
The Grande Ecole curriculum is divided into a generalist phase and a specialization phase. The first phase concentrates on business fundamentals, while the second one focuses on acquiring an expertise (chosen according to the professional goals of the student). The nature of the specialization determines the Master’s degree that the student will finally receive: Management, Management & Business Law, Management and Public Affairs.
The unique structure of the curriculum enables students to acquire both an excellent grounding in general management and expertise in a specific field. We firmly believe this combination is the key success factor in training future leaders and making a lasting impact on the careers of our students. In fact, our graduates combine the rare ability to grasp the ‘global picture’ in all situations with the deep understanding that only experts can truly reach.
The program consists of:
- in M1: mandatory foundation courses in general management, electives and a managerial behavior seminar
- in M2: a specialization, an optional certificate and an in-depth research paper.
Moreover, the Grande école program perfectly balances the development of practical leadership and professional skills with the more theoretical requirements of a research paper (which is linked to a specialization). Students are trained to become decision-makers, while focusing on the academic specialization that they choose in light of their professional goals. With the diversity of courses and specializations available, students can develop expertise in several areas of business administration, shape their career plans and also prepare their entry into the business world through company internships.
In M2, students have access to a wide range of specializations, which determine the Master’s degree that the student will finally receive:
- Master in Management: Strategy, Finance, Marketing, Financial Economics, Quantitative Economics, Entrepreneurship, etc.
- Master in Public Affairs: Public Policy, International Relations, Diplomacy
- Master in Business Law
- Master in Sustainability and Social Innovation
- Master in Journalism (taught in French only)
- Master in Media, Arts & Creation (taught in French only)
- Master in Cognitive Sciences (with ENS Ulm)
Read more on Grande Ecole specializations
The Grande Ecole program offers numerous international opportunities such as :
- International exchanges among a wide network of partners on all continents (including Babson College, Cornell University, Fudan University, London School of Economics, Stockholm School of Economics,…)
- Double Degree programs in Management with leading institutions such as the MIT (USA), FGV (Brasil), GSOM (Russia), IIM Ahmedabad (India), Tsinghua University (China), Keio Business School (Japan), ESADE (Spain), University of St.Gallen (Switzerland), Bocconi (Italy), TUM (Germany).
- Double Degree programs in Public Affairs with the following institutions: Georgetown University (USA), MGIMO University (Russia), Freie Universität of Berlin (Germany, program taught in German), SciencesPo Paris (France).
- Double Degree programs in Business Law with Georgetown University (USA) or Paris 1 – Panthéon-Sorbonne (France, program taught in French).
- The CEMS joint degree, as HEC Paris is one of the co-founder of the CEMS alliance.
Read more on international academic opportunities
On top of their Major, MiM Students will have the opportunity to complete one of the nine HEC Certificates and deepen their knowledge in a specific area of business. At the very end of the MiM curriculum, our Certificates aim to provide our students with a more in-depth perspective and a firmer grasp of the topic they choose, ideally propelling them into the business world after completion of their study.
Certificates entail the equivalent of 100 contact hours, and include projects, as well as other business assignments:
Graduates from the MiM program will find themselves with a wealth of opportunities and choices regarding their career path. Destined for success with 98% finding employment after 3 months in a diverse variety of sectors. A popular choice for HEC MiM graduates is consulting or financial services but graduates can follow a multitude of routes, ranging from real estate to high technology. Opportunities are also global for MiM graduates with 39% finding a job outside their home country.
Students at HEC benefit from the schools international network, great connections with companies and excellent career department. The career service helps our students formulate and achieve their professional projects through services such as the 6-step career roadmap and the numerous career events organized on campus.