The MSc in Accounting and Financial Management recruits the highest calibre of French and international students, taught entirely in English with various optional courses taught in French if desired. Academically demanding, the program remains balanced, developing key knowledge and skills through HEC’s interactive pedagogy:
- Hard skills in accounting, finance and strategy;
- Soft skills : including an ability to move in an international context, multi-linguism, the ability to work in teams and conduct projects, personal development in terms of leadership, autonomy, initiative, and problem-solving creativity.
From January the Program offers a choice of concentration tracks:
- Some are directed at acquiring professional certifications, including the North American CMA (Certified Management Accountant) and the French DSCG (Diplôme Supérieur de Comptabilité et de Gestion)
- Others demand part-time fieldwork (start-up CFO @ HEC Incubator, Business Project),
- The Sustainable Finance track is at the forefront of academic & field research, relying on the highly qualified team of HEC Research Professors with the purpose of shaping and influencing tomorrow’s Accounting & Finance.
From April a choice of industry-based Certificates enable students to add a complementary dimension to their portfolio (Digital, Energy, etc…).
The Program is designed with perspectives from leaders in the related industries, notably – but not limited to - with PwC, EY & Deloitte. Eminent professionals of different practices in these firms teach alongside HEC Professors, interacting daily with our students. By maintaining strong ties within our alumni network, we are able to invite previous graduated of the program to share their experiences and network.
Whether you embark on a career in Finance or more broadly in Management, the MSc AFM is an excellent gateway to the professional sphere. You will develop a command of Accounting & Finance skills and strategies that will allow you to influence future debate.
In the short term, students achieve placement in the fields of Transactions Services, Financial Advisory, Corporate Finance, Business Analysis or Financial Analysis, in Graduate Programs or even in Strategic Consulting. In the medium term they have become CFOs in corporate companies or small businesses, Corporate Finance specialists, Business Partners and Finance leaders, to name but a few. With such a highly academic, yet flexible qualification, a world of opportunities awaits.
Take advantage of outstanding Career Development resources at HEC. In parallel to courses and conferences developed with the industry in order to learn to manage the complexity of modern Finance, career events and workshops enable our students to reflect and move forward in their professional choices, translating aspiration into action.