Visiting Student Researcher
The HEC Paris PhD program welcomes every year PhD students from other universities who wish to benefit from courses and seminars as well as individual supervision by the professor who is the primary host.
At HEC Paris, we commit to offering visiting students the conditions under which they can do research at the highest academic level. They are integrated into an academic department and accompanied by one of our research faculty. They are encouraged to participate in research seminars and academic workshops organized by their host department. They can take any course offered by the HEC Paris PhD program. Visiting students benefit from all offered research seminars and have access to our Learning Center and IT resources, an office space, an HEC email address, and they benefit from all student services available on campus (excluding Career Services and HEC Alumni) such as Sport Activities, Medical Center, Student Associations, etc.
Who can apply
To apply for the program students must be officially enrolled in a PhD program and have a high proficiency level in English language.
When to apply
Applications for a visiting student position can be made at any time during the academic year and are treated on a continuing basis. There are no imposed restrictions on the start and end dates, nor on the length of a visiting period. Please note that for administrative reasons applications need to be made at least one month before the starting date of the visit. For a visit starting in September, applications need to be made by July 15.
How to apply
To apply for the program candidates must complete and submit the application form together with the required documents at least one month prior to the starting date of the visit:
The application should include the following:
• Completed Application form (download the form here)
• Certificate of enrollment from your institution and transcript
• Recommendation letter from your supervisor
• Invitation letter from a HEC Paris Professor
• Copy of your most recent university degree(s) and transcript(s)
• Copy of research papers (thesis, articles, publications…)
• Résumé (CV)
• English language proficiency test score report: TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent if your program is not fully taught in English
• Passport-size ID photo
• Scan of ID (passport or national ID card)
Every candidate is required to pay a non-refundable application fee of €60 (online payment here).
300€/month (2700€ per academic year (nine months). Note that fees are due per entire calendar month, irrespective of the actual number of days in a month spent in our program.
In addition, visiting research students can take any course offered by the HEC Paris PhD program. Note that official course registration is required, and credits will be awarded upon successful completion of a course. Auditing courses is not allowed. Course fees are calculated based on the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) and amount to 300 € per ECTS credit awarded.
• 12-hour course (2 ECTS): 600 euros
• 18-hour course (3 ECTS): 900 euros
• 24-hour course (4 ECTS): 1200 euros
• 30-hour course (5 ECTS): 1500 euros
Phone: +33 (0)1 39 67 94 51