Latest news on Management and language tests!
To meet the needs of applicants who are unable to take the management test during the Covid-19 crisis, the GMAT and GRE have decided to organize online tests that you can take from home. Check if the option is available in your country:
To meet the needs of applicants who are unable to take the language test during the Covid-19 crisis, the TOEFL center has decided to organize online tests that you can take from home. Check if the option is available in your country:
- TOEFL, see here
Contact us for any question you may have, email@example.com
The PhD Application Process
Build on a strategy of excellence, the HEC Paris PhD Program, known for its small size, aims to attract outstanding and motivated future PhD students with a clear ambition to become top researchers in international academic institutions.
We welcome applications from candidates of all nationalities who
- hold a Master's degree or equivalent (or currently enrolled) in any field (sciences, engineering, political science, etc)
- are fluent in English
- have an outstanding academic record
- are motivated to study at one of the best research business schools.
Previous professional experience is not a requirement but may be a plus depending on the specialization.
Preparing an application for a PhD Program is a long process and may take time, not only to complete the online application and write your personal statement, but also to choose your referees. Preparing the GMAT or GRE test may also take time.
In order to give a maximum of chance for applicants to submit an outstanding and complete application, we have decided to hold two admissions sessions, one in January and one in April. There is no difference whether you apply in the first or second round.
OF THE SYSTEM
|PUBLICATION OF RESULTS|
August 22, 2019
|January 9, 2020||5 - 6 weeks after
|Round II||January 9, 2020||
April 23, 2020
|5 - 6 weeks after
The HEC PhD program offers one intake per year in September.
At HEC Paris we apply the online application system. Therefore, we will not accept any application or document sent by email or by post.
The selection is a 2 phase process:
- Evaluation of your application and supporting documents (admissibility to interview results approximately 2 - 3 weeks after the deadline).
- Interview for pre-selected applicants (face-to-face or Skype).
Admission results are published within 5 - 6 weeks after the application deadline.
A complete application should include the following:
- Degree certificate(s) or current enrollment certificate
- All official academic transcripts obtained in a higher education institution (Bachelor and Master)
- Personal statement motivating your choice of pursuing a PhD in Management
- Résumé (CV)
- Optional Research material that may support your application (dissertation, paper, research work, ...)
- Management test score report: GMAT or GRE official test score report **
- English language proficiency test score report: TOEFL or IELTS *
- 2 completed online reference forms from professors
- Passport-style photo and proof of ID
- Non-refundable application fee of €50.
* Exemption for English natives and applicants who studied their entire university degrees in English.
** No exemption is granted for the management test. Business studies and professional experience cannot waive the test requirement.
See above for test options during the Covid-19 or contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the below HEC Paris codes to order your score report(s):
Visiting research programs
The HEC PhD program offers PhD Students from other universities to spend time at HEC Paris as a visiting student through the Individual Study Program, the Individual Research Program or by joining one of our Blocked Seminars, 1 week intensive courses.This is a unique opportunity to study and network with HEC PhD Students and Faculty.
The HEC Paris PhD Program offers every year an attractive series of PhD Blocked Seminars open to PhD in management students from all over the world.
Under the IRP program, the PhD program offers the opportunity for Professors at HEC Paris to invite advanced PhD students with strong research credentials to join their department as visiting students.
The HEC Paris PhD program welcomes every year PhD students from other universities who wish to benefit from courses and seminars as well as individual supervision by the professor who is the primary host.