Disability Program for Learners
HEC Paris' Mission Handicap, officially launched in 2019, aims to participate in building a community that is enriched by its differences and allows everyone to choose their life. For several years now, we have been making significant changes in order to collectively contribute to the construction of a more inclusive, supportive and innovative society.
The law of February 11, 2005 for the equal rights, participation and citizenship of disabled people, in addition to affirming their fundamental rights, recognized the impact of the environment on the lives of disabled people, thus implying its adaptation.
Discover the adaptations implemented by HEC Paris throughout the students' course to meet both the specific needs identified and the need to train the leaders of tomorrow in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Before your Arrival
In January of each year, HEC Paris opens its H.Académies - 3-week seminars for L3 and M1 students - to students and recent graduates with disabilities.
During your Stay
Once you have been officially admitted to HEC Paris, for students with disabilities admitted to all HEC programs (Grande Ecole, MBA, PhD, Executive Education, Echanges, etc.), if you did not do so at the time of your application, you can contact one of the Disability Advisors directly, via the Student Life Department (Agnès Tourneix - email@example.com and/or the HEC Paris Medical Center firstname.lastname@example.org). You will be offered a confidential telephone appointment to discuss your personal situation. All elements related to your individual situation will be kept confidential at the Medical Center. This first meeting will allow us to define the educational and non-educational arrangements to be put in place so that you can live your course within the HEC Paris community in the best possible conditions (course attendance, accommodation, catering, student initiatives, etc.).
During your stay at HEC Paris, we offer you support in 2 areas:
Axis 1 - Accommodation
- Upon your arrival on campus, you will have to make an appointment with both the Medical Center and one of the Disability Advisors in order to assess your situation and to organize the necessary adjustments. Other meetings may be organized throughout the year at your request, or at the request of the disability advisors or the Medical Center.
- The proposed pedagogical adjustments include human and technical aids, adaptation of course and exam materials, prior distribution of materials, extra time, isolated room and breaks during exams and continuous testing... We are very open to any discussion on new innovative practices.
Some examples of accommodations: provision of adapted software, adaptation of materials, provision of adapted housing, sending of course materials, adjustment of work schedules.
- For several years now, HEC Paris has been working to bring its campus infrastructure into compliance with ERP (public access) standards, providing accessible residences, sanitary facilities and classrooms. The plan to bring the facilities up to standard is currently underway and will see the majority of the facilities brought up to standard in the coming years.
Axis 2 - Raising awareness and training the leaders of tomorrow
- Since 2018, HEC has been relaying the European Week for the Employment of People with Disabilities, has organized various days, conferences and actions to raise awareness of disability on campus with the support of EY, Hanploi & School, the Ecole des Chiens Guides de Paris. A HandiCafé is organized every year during the Carrefours held on campus in January.
- In addition to the HEC Handicap Disability student association, which is actively involved in student life throughout the year, we are looking for students and learners who would like to get involved with Mission Handicap and set up new awareness-raising activities on campus: Well-Being Week, Mental Health Prevention, Handisports during the MBA Tournament, etc.
After your Program
The HEC Paris Career Center and Mission Handicap provide support to all students and offer assistance in finding an internship adapted to each profile.
Workshops, forums and conferences (CV writing, preparation for professional interviews, internship or first job search, meetings with experts, relaying of specialized networks) are regularly offered by external service providers.