Help organizations to develop alternative and sustainable business models and transform themselves
S&O Institute wants to be a catalyst for change. It aims to push boundaries on an organizational level, facilitate the emergence of new economic models co-created by companies, civil society and public authorities, develop a new culture and way of thinking that would be inclusive, cyclical and low carbon, create bridges between large companies and social entrepreneurs and help for-profit organizations move towards more inclusive business models and social/non-profit organizations explore more autonomous models for social business.
"HEC Students For Sustainability" Initiative
HEC Students for Sustainability initiative is a collective of students passionate about sustainability and social innovation, committed to having an impact on the campus and beyond, whose mission is to raise awareness and inspire students to become actors of change now and in their professional lives.
It is supported by S&O, the HEC Career Center, the HEC Students Affairs and the HEC General Secretary.
This initiative is driven by the following associations and students:
* The students of MSc Sustainability & Social Innovation who reflect on: what is a change maker? Well, in short, it is what this Master’s is all about. It is about finding ways to create positive change and impact in the world. About looking at existing models and asking how we might be able to innovate and improve them. About building ideas that might help us shift that dial in the direction we need to be moving in.
* Net Impact, a global non-profit organization, is a progressive and influential network of new generation leaders who use the power of business to create a more socially and environmentally sustainable world. The HEC Net Impact chapter works to inspire, educate and empower students and by doing this, they emphasize how it is possible to make a net impact that benefits not just the bottom line – but people and planet as well.
* ESP'R is a student association whose role is to promote social economy on the campus of HEC Paris through advocacy and student engagement. Throughout the year, ESP’R organizes conferences, challenges and other multiple events with its partners - Babyloan, ProBono Lab, and the SOS Group among others - to raise campus awareness of the issue of social economy.
Inspiring through unique events
Every year, the S&O Institute organize with the HEC Alumni a conference on sustainable and societal big topics such :
- The 2° degree challenge : Climate is our Business
- Finance For Good
- Alliances for Cities in Transition
- AI, Robotics and Work
Synergies with the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center and its ‘impact’ programs
The S&O Institute supports the I&E Center and the Stand-Up program, which is aimed at ambitious women who want to turn their entrepreneurial ambitions into reality. Supported by the HEC Foundation, the school makes its pedagogical and academic resources available to help them launch their business.
Autumn 2020: HEC Paris is once again associated with the Ile-de-France Region, with the support this year of the Banque des Territoires, AG2R La Mondiale and La Direccte, to launch a new promotion of the SSE Accelerator, designed to help social and solidarity economy companies in the process of scaling up to succeed.