HEC INNOVATION: Call for Alumni Donor and member of the Selection Jury
HEC Student Entrepreneurs or young HEC graduates were invited last month to apply for the HEC Innovation 2021 awards. Today the applications are closed and the evaluations are underway. 7000$ have already been raised and a joint final with Polytechnique is expected on Monday, June 7, 2021 during the Grand Demo Day.
Alumni Donors and members could still join the selection panels that will take place on May 26th.
The HEC Innovation prize rewards innovative projects from the HEC entrepreneurial ecosystem. It is supported by HEC Alumni currently living in the US and the HEC Foundation.
Entrants to the competition gain valuable skills in how to pitch an investment idea, the opportunity of mentoring from alumni in the US. The winner will take home a grant of up to $25 000.
The competition was created in 2017 to support HEC early stage entrepreneurs by alumni from Silicon Valley who came together to launch this award for the best HEC Start-ups.
This 4th edition is open to start-ups with at least one founder or co-founder who is a graduate from the HEC Paris Business School (graduated less than 5 years ago), without geographical limitation.
2. Market potential
3. Competitive advantage/Product/Technology
4. Mentorship (capacity of the Alumni network to enhance and help)
This year the jury will be composed of HEC and Polytechnique alumni. The award ceremony will also be attended by representatives of both entities.
Selection Jury with VC and Alumni from HEC and Polytechnique -
May 26th (Wed.), 8:30am-10am PT/ 11:30am-1pm ET / 17h30-19h heure de Paris
Final Live Pitch for top 3 finalists:
June 2nd (Wed.), 9am PT / 12pmET / 18h heure de Paris
PRIZE @Demo Day X-HEC:
June 7th (Mond.), 8am PT/ 11pm ET / 17h heure de Paris
Donors and Jury members for HEC Innovation Prize 2021 in partnership with Polytechnique:
- Reza Malekzadeh (HEC Paris), GP Partech
- Samir el Agili (HEC Paris), CEO Tilting Point
- Philippe Suchet (HEC Paris), GP Spider Capital
- Rebecca Scholl (HEC Paris), VP Genpact
- Andre Haddad (HEC Paris Grand Donateur), CEO Turo
- Sarah Pinto (HEC Paris), Partner Emerson Collective
- Jennifer Van der Meer (HEC Paris), CEO Reason Street
- Aurelia Setton (HEC Paris), CCO Trellis AI
- Pascal Levy-Garboua (X), CEO Canopy
- Ignasi Puig (HEC Paris), CEO SCPF Americas
- Christophe Mallard (HEC Paris), MD Eigen Capital
- Joel Barbier (HEC Paris), Director Cisco
- Clara Terrien (HEC Paris), Sn Director Product44
- Takahiro Sumimoto (HEC Paris), SVP NTT
- Thomas Jonas (HEC Paris), CEO Nature's Fynd
- Mukund Chopra (HEC Paris), Founding investor HomeEasy
- Odile Roujol (HEC Paris), Founder Fab Co-creation Studio