Anne Michaut received a Ph.D. in Social Sciences from Wageningen University, where she also received a M.Sc. degree in Marketing and Consumer Behavior. She also holds an agronomics engineering degree. Prior to joining HEC Paris, she worked on innovation process methods and new product adoption processes at Unilever, which funded her PhD research. Her current research interests are in the field of luxury, focusing on the perception of luxury, sustainable development, entrepreneurship and client experience. Her work has been published in Journal of Product Innovation Management, Journal of Brand Management, or Journal of Brand Strategy, and she has contributed to edited books.
At HEC Paris, she teaches in the Grande Ecole, MBA, Executive MBA, and Executive Education programs. Her teaching covers varied topics about Luxury Management as well as Innovation Marketing. She has collaborated with multiple companies in her teaching, such as L’Oréal, McKinsey&Company, Orange, Michelin, AT Kearney, Kering and LVMH. She was the academic director of the Advanced Management Program in fashion and Luxury, jointly developed with IFM and Tsinghua SEM in China (2008-2015). She is now the Director of the LVMH Academic Chair; she works on developing HEC Paris’ excellence in teaching in the field of Luxury.
Academic responsabilities at HEC
- 2019- Associate Professor (Education Track), Marketing HEC Paris
- 2019- Associate Dean for Education Track and Pedagogy HEC Paris
- 2011-2019 Affiliate Professor, Marketing HEC Paris
Membership in Academic or Professional Organisation
- Member, PDMA (Product Development and Management Association)
- Member ACR (Association for Consumer Research)
- Member of the European Marketing Academy
Awards & honors
- Consumer response to innovative products'. 2005 Dutch Marketing Science Award, May 10th, Den Bosch, The Netherlands