Anne Michaut received a Ph.D. in Social Sciences from Wageningen University, where she also received a M.Sc. degree in Marketing and Consumer Behavior. She also holds an agronomics engineering degree. Prior to joining HEC Paris, she worked on innovation process methods and new product adoption processes at Unilever, which funded her PhD research. Her current research interests are in the field of luxury, focusing on the perception of luxury, sustainable development, entrepreneurship and client experience. Her work has been published in Journal of Product Innovation Management, Journal of Brand Management, or Journal of Brand Strategy, and she has contributed to edited books.
At HEC Paris, she teaches in the Grande Ecole, MBA, Executive MBA, and Executive Education programs. She has collaborated with multiple companies in her teaching, such as L’Oréal, McKinsey&Company, Orange, Michelin, AT Kearney, Kering and LVMH. She is Academic Director of the Executive Master in Media Art and Creation, jointly developed with Tsinghua in China. As director of the LVMH Academic Chair, she develops courses on luxury management for HEC programs, and participates in the creation of content for the InsideLVMH and Women@Dior platforms.
Since 2019, Anne Michaut has been Associate Dean Education Track and Pedagogy and Director of Digital Learning since 2021.
Academic Responsibilities at HEC
- 2022- Professor (Education Track), Marketing HEC Paris
- 2019-2022 Associate Professor (Education Track), Marketing HEC Paris
- 2019- Associate Dean for Education Track and Pedagogy HEC Paris
- 2009-2019 Affiliate Professor, Marketing HEC Paris
- 2003-2009 Assistant Professor, Marketing HEC Paris
Membership in Academic or Professional Organisation
- Member of the European Marketing Academy
- Member ACR (Association for Consumer Research)
- Member, PDMA (Product Development and Management Association)
Awards & honors
- Consumer response to innovative products'. 2005 Dutch Marketing Science Award, May 10th, Den Bosch, The Netherlands