M1: general management phase
Master in Management
Benefit from a complete training in management disciplines to develop your business skills and grow your leadership.
The M1 year consists of:
• compulsory courses in management (48 credits)
• a wide range of electives (12 credits)
Between the first and the second semester, students attend academies.
Students with a BBA degree or equivalent have access to a waiver scheme to benefit from advanced courses and a larger number of electives.
- Business Performance Management
- Company Law*
- Corporate Finance
- Decision and Data Modeling
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Economics
- Financial Markets
- Leading Organizations
- Methods of Cost Analysis
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Language courses (including a compulsory French course in the first semester of M1).
+ One of the following courses:
- Bayesian Decision Analysis
- Credit Rating
- Financial Geography in Central and Eastern Europe
- Inside Venture Capital
- International Banking
- Mergers & Acquisition and Due Diligence
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Financial Analysis
- Modeling and Data Analysis
- Project Finance
- Business Strategy for the Digital Age
- Comparative Politics of Latin America
- Euro-American Comparative Politics
- Geopolitics of the Arctic
- Implementing Strategy
- Understanding The Middle East: Economic and Strategic Fundamentals
HR, Social Responsibility, Sustainable Development
- Ethics and Sustainability
- Global Human Resources Management
- Introduction To 21st-Century Energy Challenges
- Intercultural Management & HR
- Leading Change: Winning Hearts and Minds
- Technologies, Climate Change and Future of Energy
- International Marketing
- Marketing Models for Practical Decision Making and Consulting
- New Product Development
- Sports Marketing
- Wine Marketing
Students have many opportunities to work with companies on real-life consultancy projects and ‘live cases’, for instance with EDF, L’Oréal Paris, Procter & Gamble, PwC, Roland Berger, TBWA, etc.
As an international business school, HEC Paris welcomes students from all over the world. Almost one hundred nationalities live on the campus. It's a fantastic opportunity to discover other cultures and to share exceptional moments, and it's important that students can communicate as much as they wish.
HEC Paris Learning Center of Languages aims at helping students to learn or strengthen any language they would like, providing a wide range of I.T. and print resources.
MiM students do not need to speak French to enroll in the program as all core courses and most electives are offered in English. However, some knowledge of French can be useful to enjoy the full HEC experience, become professionally bicultural and optimize networking with French students and alumni. This is why HEC Paris offers French language classes free of charge to its international students, including an Intensive French Language & Culture Academy in January.
Students may also register for the HEC Paris French School (TEF certificate – all levels) in August. This is an exceptional opportunity to learn French and to live in the very heart of Paris before joining the campus.
Students are supported in their professional project with a 6-step career roadmap with efficient tools and resources:
- one-on-one coaching sessions
- career events
- mock interviews