Free mover program
Students enrolled in a Degree Program in a non-partner institution can join HEC Exchange Program as “Free movers”
- Students from non partner universities will be considered a priority.
- Students holding a French Baccalaureate cannot apply to the free mover program.
- Applicants must be officially enrolled in a Degree Program at their home University.
- Priority is given to Bachelor students.
- Tuition fee is €9,030 per semester.
Language requirement :
English (minimum B2 proof required)
- CV (Resume)
- Motivation letter
- Transcripts (latest)
- Picture (passport size and type, .jpeg format)
- Confirmation of matriculation from your home University
Documents must be uploaded in a PDF format
Email to: Jean-Christophe Doguet
Exchange program Manager (Incoming)
Fall term (September - December) : 15 March.
Spring term (February - May) : 15 October.
- Successful applicants will get an answer within a month of their application.
- Due to high level of applications received, we are unable to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
- Tuition fee payment must be received before we can provide official acceptance letters or any other information on procedures.
Once admitted, our services will include:
Step by step preparation to arrival
- Official Registration
- Edition and sending of Enrolment Certificate
- 24/7 access to material posted on our dedicated Intranet page.
- Information and support for housing (on or off-campus) reservations. Note: On-campus housing will be available in the Spring term only.
- Administrative follow up: Information and assistance in collecting all compulsory documents for administrative procedures:
- Travel insurance
- Medical certificate *
(*required if use of gym facilities and/or registration to HEC Sports team)
- Academic follow up (course registration)
Free mover have access to the EXCHANGE program course catalogue.
French language course and topical classes, as well as the possibility to take the French language test TEF, at the end of the semester (for an extra fee).
Brochure containing generic course offer for Exchange students can be found here
- Mandatory orientation session before classes begin
- Introductory meetings include: practical information, academic regulations
- Presentation: International office, Library, Sports activities, insurance
Banks will be present on campus, during the first week of arrival, offering services such as:
- Current account opening (visa card, check books)
- Housing insurance
- Plus other financial products
My semester abroad at HEC Paris can be described in one word: unique. It was a great opportunity to gain new perspectives, broaden the horizons and meet inspiring people.
Not only is there a wide variety of the course possibilities, but also many...
Free Mover Student
By providing classes with a small student-to-professor-ratio, HEC created one of the best learning experiences I've ever had.
This gave me the opportunity to connect with the professors and to really grasp the concepts of business and finance. On...
Free Mover student
The people is key. HEC courses are taught by globally well-connected professors who can pull the real world into classrooms and help your see your career path, prospect industry, and the evolving world in front of you.
Spending 6 months with HEC...
Free Mover student