Master in Management
The objective of the course is to provide the participants with a sufficient knowledge of accounting to understand financial statements and the fundamental concepts and mechanics of financial accounting.
At the end of the course, the students should be able to:
- Understand how financial accounting operates
- Prepare the financial statements
- Understand and analyze the financial statements.
- Define financial accounting, its users, and introduce the accounting process.
- The financial statements (balance sheet, balance sheet equation, income statement, notes to financial statements, principle of double entry, examples of transactions, profit appropriation, notion of depreciation, consumption and inventory, statement of cash flows).
- Preparation of financial statements (accounting principles, end-of-period entries: adjusting entries, change in value of fixed assets, change in value of current assets, other entries and adjustments).
- Financial statement analysis (financial statements format, statement of cash flows, common-size income statement, financial structure, ratios).