M2: Specialization phase
Master in Management
Choose from more than 20 Majors to tailor your curriculum, acquire an expertise in a specific field, and develop your strengths. Prepare for the very sector you want to enter.
The M2 year is vital for tailoring your experience and skills. Here you will use the skills and broad knowledge acquired in your first year to make important decisions about your career moving forward. Over 20 specializations exist to choose from, each equipping you with a gold-standard of knowledge and skills in order to enter directly into this field with ease.
The second year of studies consists of a specialized curriculum (approximately 350 hours or 40 ECTS credits) and a research paper (20 ECTS credits).
Students have access to 7 groups of specializations, which lead to 7 different Grande Ecole master’s degrees.
Students have access to a wide range of specializations in Management. Most of our specializations are fully taught in English (more specific languages requirements are clearly indicated when necessary) and award our graduates with the HEC Master in Management Degree.
Specializations in Management offered on the HEC campus
- Strategic Management
- International Finance (Double Degree option with Tsinghua University)
- Quantitative Economics and Finance (joint program with Ecole Polytechnique, ENSAE, ENS Paris-Saclay and Paris Sud University)
- Managerial and Financial Economics (exchange opportunities with Stockholm School of Economics, Luigi Bocconi University and St.Gallen University)
- Accounting & Financial Management (exchange opportunities with St.Gallen University, Stockholm School of Economics, Copenhagen Business School, London School of Economics, Bocconi University and Vienna University of Economics and Business)
- Entrepreneurship (requires French proficiency; also called "Majeure Entrepreneurs")
- Project Management (requires French proficiency; also called "Majeure Management de Grands Projets")
- Sustainability and Social Innovation
Specializations in Management offered with our partners
Master Exchange Program (also within the Major International Business)
- International Double Degrees in Management:
- USA: MIT - Sloan School of Management, Cambridge (Master of Business Analytics and Master of Finance)
- Brazil: Fundação Getulio Vargas, São Paulo (Professional Master in International Management)
- China: Tsinghua University, Beijing (SEM Master)
- Germany: Technische Universität München, München (Master in Management and Technology)
- India: The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (Post Graduate Program in Management)
- Italy: Università Bocconi, Milan (access to 4 MSc programs)
- Japan: Keio Business School (MBA taught in Japanese) and Keio University, Tokyo (Master in Economics)
- Russia: GSOM, St Petersburg (Master in Management)
- Spain: ESADE, Barcelona (access to 4 MSc programs)
- Switzerland: Universität St. Gallen (access to 4 MSc programs)
- Singapore: National University of Singapore NUS Business School (Master of Science in Management)
There are two options available to our students:
- The Double Degree in Business Law with Paris 1 – Panthéon-Sorbonne (taught in French)
- Stratégie juridique et fiscale internationale (taught in French)
These two options award our graduates with the HEC Master in Management & Business Law degree.
There are 5 options available to our students. Each of these options awards our graduates with the HEC Master in Management & Public Affairs degree.
- The double degree in Public Policy HEC Paris / Freie Universität Berlin (taught in German)
- The double degree in International Relations HEC Paris / MGIMO (taught in English)
- The double degree in Public Policy HEC Paris / Georgetown University
- The double degree in Law and Diplomacy (MALD) HEC Paris / Fletcher
- The double degree Corporate and Public Management HEC Paris / Sciences Po Paris (taught in French)
- Double Degree with the "Centre Français du Journalisme" (taught in French)
This specialization awards our graduates with the HEC Master in Management & Journalism degree.