Influential Luxury Certificate Influential Luxury Certificate
As the N°1 French business school, HEC Paris has built close ties with the world-renowned Paris luxury business. Now competing in a global market, luxury brands are facing specific issues which require not only solid groundings in the field but also creativity and dedication to excellence. This is what the Influential Luxury Certificate brings to HEC students.
Video of the 2022 Certificate
Since 2010, HEC Paris and Kering have joined forces to nurture the talents of driven students in the field of luxury brand management.
The HEC Paris x Kering Certificate of Influential Luxury harmoniously blends the academic prowess of HEC Paris with Kering's industry-leading expertise, preparing you for a dynamic career in luxury, especially in light of the ever-evolving global events.
Throughout the program, you'll explore the critical roles of creativity and innovation in luxury, gaining invaluable hands-on experience through exclusive access to on-site operations and direct exposure to industry processes and products.
Kering is a trailblazer in "influential luxury", continuously seeking innovative ways to redefine luxury with purpose. This certificate offers a unique opportunity to gain insights into how the Group leverages brand power to drive sustainability and positive social impact, particularly in the context of today's world.
As part of the program, you'll have the privilege of hearing from Kering's senior leaders, who will share their personal experiences in luxury. Additionally, you'll be able to apply your knowledge to a practical case study (the "consulting project") for a Kering House.
The Influential Luxury Certificate will equip you to elevate the value of luxury brands strategically and creatively by:
- Discerning the essence that distinguishes a brand as "luxury"
- Acquiring essential skills in luxury brand management
- Formulating creative and innovative solutions for achieving brand excellence and influential luxury
- Engaging in practical case studies with insights from leaders in Kering Houses
The certificate will be dedicated to offer you a comprehensive view of the luxury industry and an in-depth understanding of Kering's commitment to influential luxury, the certificate comprises various modules, including:
Led by distinguished HEC faculty members, these courses form the bedrock of luxury management:
- The Essence of Luxury: Jean-Noel Kapferer
- Building a Global Luxury Brand: Patrick Albaladejo
- Leading Luxury's Digital Transformation: Perrine Corvaisier
Each field of the luxury industry demands a distinct approach to brand leadership and influential luxury. This is why the certificate also offers courses delivered by industry experts or HEC professors with specialized knowledge in specific areas of luxury:
- Fashion Industries Seminar : Gachoucha Kretz
Distinguished leaders from both Kering Corporate and Kering Houses will share their perspectives and experiences in luxury management. These seminars provide a comprehensive understanding of how to lead a luxury brand to outstanding performance in sales, influence, and social impact. Topics may encompass:
- Financial management in the Luxury industry
- Luxury retailing and merchandising
- Sustainability in Luxury management
- Empowering talent and making diversity a business priority
- Intellectual property and counterfeiting
- Luxury and the new digital era
- Corporate communications
The Kering ethos of 'Empowering Imagination' centers on human relationships in career development. This is reflected in our Kering field trips, which emphasize face-to-face interactions and discussions with Kering House leaders, as well as providing you with an exclusive behind-the-scenes experience with a specific Luxury House.
Field trips may include:
- Visit to Houses' Store
Kering Consulting Project
A pivotal component of the certificate is the Kering Consulting Project. Leveraging the knowledge and skills acquired during the program, you'll collaborate in small teams to employ critical and creative thinking to identify innovative, feasible solutions to real-world luxury brand management challenges. These solutions will be supported by pertinent data analysis.
Recent briefs include:
2023: Gucci- How can Gucci create sustainable revenue streams considering metaverse and gaming dynamics as main drivers with a global perspective by 2025
- 2022: Boucheron - How to relaunch the watchmaking segment with a comprehensive 360 approach?
- 2021: Saint Laurent - Maximizing the potential omni-channel, as well as recognizing the pivotal role of physical stores.
- 2020: Balenciaga - Pioneering the online client experience of tomorrow. This project focused on enhancing the Balenciaga omnichannel customer experience to sustain the brand's success at the emerging Pandemic time. Working groups presented the Balenciaga management team with innovative approaches that capitalized on the House's unique aspects to introduce a seamless experience between physical and digital channels.
- 2019: Bottega Veneta - Identifying and defining a brand strategy for Bottega Veneta that engenders desirability on an emotional level. Creating a brand world that facilitates a shift to top-down marketing.
- 2018: Saint Laurent - Developing a concrete business proposal in alignment with Saint Laurent's DNA, centered around one of the following two topics:
- 1. Access is the new ownership: What might a rental business model entail for Saint Laurent?
- 2. Green is the new black: What fresh ideas (beyond material usage) could Saint Laurent embrace to contribute to a more sustainable business model?
- Patrick Albaladejo, Academic Director, Affiliate Professor, HEC Paris
- Jean-Noël Kapferer, Emeritus Professor at HEC Paris, Author, 2004 American Marketing Association Award for the most influential contribution to marketing thinking
- Kristine De Valck, Associate Professor, Associate Dean/Director of PhD Program HEC Paris
- Gachoucha Kretz, Associate Professor of Marketing at HEC Paris and Executive Director of the L'Oréal Chair
- Perrine Corvaisier, Digital Transformation & Operations Consultant