Mergers & Acquisitions Certificate
Mergers & Acquisitions Certificate
- Mergers & Acquisitions remains of high interest for HEC Paris students
- Position in M&A are one of the leading first jobs for HEC Paris graduates (investment bank, strategy consultants, transaction services, law firms, corporates, …)
- There is limited education offer for postgraduate in that area.
Open to all students but some clear adequacy with international finance, strategic management and law.
- Bring you a multidisciplinary understanding of M&A (finance, legal, strategy, private equity, due diligence, corporate approach including post merger integration challenges,, tax…)
- Provide quality education for future professionals of the sector and more generally familiarize students with M&A as they will undoubtedly be faced with such a situation in their career.
Finance: deal structuring and merger models, negotiation parameters including deal pricing, take-over bids and defence tactics, financing…
Legal: share purchase agreements, due diligence, anti-trust, tender offers rules Strategy: Rational for external growth, joint ventures
Private equity and LBOs: fund raising and fund organisation, structuring of LBOs, managing of participations and value creation, exit, management package, LBO models
Financial due diligence: sell side, buy side, key parameters to consider,
Corporate approach to Mergers and Acquisitions: identification of target, internal decision process, post merger integration, E&C issues,
Tax: tax structuring, key aspects in M&A.
M&A Certificate now developed in the framework of a Corporate initiative between Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (CACIB) and HEC Paris.
- Marc Vermeulen, Affiliate Professor, HEC Paris, Academic Director of the M&A Certificate and Director of the CACIB - HEC Paris Corporate Initiative in M&A
- Michael Loy, Affiliate Professor, Executive Director of the LLM in Law & International Management and the Pedagogical Director of the Master 1 course of “Droit des sociétés”
- Pascal Quiry, Affiliate Professor, HEC Paris, co-author of Finance d’Entreprise whose initial author was Pierre Vernimmen
- Bernard Ramanantsoa, Distinguished Emeritus Professor in Strategy and Business Policy, ex-Dean of HEC Paris, Harvard Expansion Prize in 1989 for "Technologie et Stratégie d'entreprise"
and other professors and participants, all M&A professionals and experts.
A fashion and tennis fan, discover Master in Management student Nerea Salguero Garcia's journey to HEC Paris.
With a background working as a PR Manager on projects for the Russian Ministry of culture, discover the story and passions of Anna Kopylova, Médias, Art, et Création student.
An aspiring entrepreneur and Fintech fan, find out about Master in Management HEC-TUM student Bernie Cloutier's background and aspirations.
A luxury and sports enthusiast, meet Mathilde Savant-Ros, an HEC MSc Marketing student who aims one day to become CMO of a coveted fashion house.
Meet Pavni Kansal, Sunny Soni and Sumiran Mittal, three CEMSies from the HEC MiM 2021 Cohort who are making a difference. Inspired by the devastating situation in India right now, they felt compelled to...
With a background in Psychology and Performing Arts, read about Master in Management Suyash Tiwari's background, accomplishments, and aspirations.
Notable HEC Paris graduate, Ning Li, a successful serial entrepreneur and founder of Made.com explores his journey behind becoming a successful entrepreneur and the impact that he hopes to have behind his...