Eager to share the unique experience of this degree more widely, HEC signed an agreement with the association "Nos Quartiers ont des Talents" (www.nqt.fr). This agreement grants the promotion of 4 candidates, selected by the association, in order to give them every chance of success in their entrepreneurial project. Other members of the association wishing to embark on the entrepreneurial adventure are also invited to observe the work of a team of students during the "Creation" mission. The objective is to facilitate the successful completion of projects by NQT members by opening up the X-HEC Entrepreneurs network and creating lasting professional and personal ties.
Master in Management [hec:line_break] Entrepreneurs Major
The Entrepreneurs program is focused on the effective alliance of theoretical lessons (finance, digital, etc.), field missions and seminars. It is this combination, enriched by an ‘à la carte’ semester, which provides students with the keys to successfully embark on an entrepreneurial project.
During the 3 missions organized during the year, the students, in groups of 3 or 4, face concrete situations that will mark them forever. They are closely supported by leaders, who not only pass on the skills required to build their future project, but the essential knowledge to succeed long term.
Composed of 6 seminars designed to develop leadership qualities combined with a trip to Boston and the legendary “Silicon Valley”, this program is a rich and inspiring experience.
Every year, many X-HEC Entrepreneurs graduates create their own businesses post-graduation.
Here are some examples of companies created by young graduates:
- Carpe Dièse, music school by videoconference
- Front, collaborative e-mail box
- Gemmyo, custom jewelry
- Modalist, online sale of used clothing for women
- MyseKit, online store selling cosmetic products
- Popmyday, online orders of home beauty services
- Probono Lab, support and sharing of skills of volunteers and companies for the development of associations
- Sisso,web, print and multimedia services agency
- The Tops, BtoC marketplace
- Wayz-Up, mobile home-work carpooling application
- Wine Passport, creator of wine trips
- ZenSoon, online reservation center for beauty and wellness treatments
Business projects can also arise several years after graduation ...
Young graduates of the Entrepreneurs program, who have not yet created their business, work in all sectors of the economy (Banking, Consulting, Energy ...) and integrate very quickly into the job market: 95% of 2014 graduates found their job in less than 3 months (employment survey of graduates from the class of 2014).
X-HEC Entrepreneurs has implemented a unique pedagogy – "learning by doing" – to provide its students with high-level scientific training but also human training that will condition their professional success.
- Ent’Raid: a seminar to encourage the integration between the students, the objective is to ensure the cohesion, good spirit and proper functioning of the cohort in four days. While this seminar is relatively active, conferences will also be held on some of the evenings, as an introduction to the program.
- Personal development: a moment of reflection organized at the Collège des Bernardins, led by Key People and funded by Bouygues Telecom.
- Impact entrepreneurship: to create a project in the social, societal or environmental field.
- Leadership: how to act under pressure, held at the Naval School of Brest.
- Sales: a real consumer sales situation in Darty stores within the region of Paris.
- "Entr’aide": help for personal entrepreneurial projects.
- Hospitality and services: to bring the fundamentals of the hospitality and service industry to life.
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Law for the entrepreneur
- Marketing and strategy
- Accounting for the entrepreneur
Accompanied by experienced entrepreneurs, students discover the dynamic of being an entrepreneur, brought to life by their tutors. Their aim is to help students transition from an idea to a business plan, in the most realistic way possible.
- Assess an entrepreneurial opportunity
- Ascertain the resources necessary for its operation
- “Sell” a project to the relevant stakeholders.
Supervised by a judicial administrator, the students work on a recovery plan for a company during an observation period at the Commercial Court. The jury of experts takes place on the premises of the Commercial Court of Nanterre and the final jury at the Commercial Court of Paris.
- Confront students with a situation of failure
- Teach them to analyze the causes and ways to recover
- Propose a recovery plan
This is a matter of preparing students to get back up and try again in the case of failure, and to initiate external growth practices. The mission must therefore allow a financial and strategic evaluation of a recovery target to be carried out, alongside a buyer or a seller, to study their finances, develop a negotiation strategy and prepare a business plan of recovery. The final jury is held at the headquarters of Bouygues Telecom.
The purpose of this forum is to enable meetings between companies of all sizes and X-HEC Entrepreneurs students looking for ‘Bras-Droit’ internships.
Students can test their concept in front of an informed audience, meet many investors and business leaders and prepare their fundraising.
After the creation and recovery missions, students devote their time to developing an entrepreneurial project. They benefit from the support of experienced tutors and constant exchanges with specialists of different areas that make up the entrepreneurial adventure: business plan, marketing, finance, digital, innovation, law, code, negotiation, etc.
The development mission offers five different personalized paths. Students make their choice once they have started the program.
In partnership with large companies, HEC Paris has developed a whole range of certificates dedicated to strategic and managerial issues in rapidly developing sectors. Taught in English and accessible to all HEC students, they revolve around a coherent set of courses and seminars, involving over a hundred hours of lessons with HEC Paris teachers and industry stakeholders: executives, consultants, experts, etc.
"Silicon Saclay" :
The first Learning Expedition of the year aims to put students in contact with the technological resources of the Saclay Plateau. The mission is composed of a visit to the main labs (public and private - Institute of Optics, CEA, INRIA, INRA, INSERM, Danone ...) and talks from the entrepreneurs of these laboratories. This step makes it possible to create links with the world of research and tap into the emergence of companies exploiting discoveries from The Saclay plateau, which is an objective of the MS Entrepreneurs.
"Silicon Valley" :
At the end of the program, this week in California is an exceptional and particularly inspiring opportunity for young entrepreneurs (visits to Google, Facebook, EventBrite, Quora, etc.)
The program concludes with a 4 to 6-month internship with a business manager. A dedicated forum is organized in February to facilitate the placement of students within companies.
At the end of the internship, students must write a professional thesis under the responsibility of a teacher from the academic team.
X-HEC Entrepreneurs, with the support of the Le Roch-Les Mousquetaires Foundation, organizes a business plan competition with a prize sum of €40,000, which will reward 3 projects.
The competition jury is made up of business leaders, journalists from the business press and members of the Le Roch ‐ Les Mousquetaires Foundation.