Trois Lettres is the literature and philosophy association on campus. Aiming to promote the talents of HEC students by publishing a collection of texts such as Poems, essays and even drawings every 2 months. With conferences, publications and reading clubs, there is an array of activities organised by this society for everyone to get involved with.
• The mission of Trois Lettres is to encourage, develop and promote the literary and creative talent at HEC Paris. The society aims to gather and publish works of students for everyone to see and enjoy.
• The publication of the collection of students’ works is sent out every 2 months. • Reading clubs are organised for members to debate, discuss and share their thoughts on a handful of books.
• An annual conference takes place on campus with special guests from renowned French institutions such as the Académie française and the Collège de France.
Why join this society?
• Trois lettres believes that literacy is often looked-down on or ruled out in business environments, and the society wants to make sure there is a place at HEC for talented and engaged students. Discussions of great novels and discovery of literature is very intellectually stimulating and the society wants to encourage students to create and find interest in this field. Members/president/committee:
• The current president is Yann Sassi. • There are approximately 20 members and 4 committee boards.
The society’s history:
The association was created in 2012 after the founders discovered many talents on campus. They felt the obliged to channel these talents and create Trois lettres, to give talented students a creative space to develop these skills and meet others who are equally as interested in literature, philosophy and art. The first publication the association created focused only on the bulletin and the first topic was "commitment". Since then, the society has made many different collections of students’ works and has grown as an association significantly.