M1 Core Courses
This course is an introduction to the fundamentals of marketing. It explores key issues in marketing management, providing frameworks and tools to analyze and solve strategic-level marketing problems.
Students will apply the concepts in hands-on exercises and cases.
The course provides a solid understanding of marketing concepts, focusing on strategic approaches in marketing. By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain the role of marketing within the organization, the elements of marketing strategy, and how they can be used to develop competitive advantage
- Analyze marketing situations and strategies to identify opportunities and threats to the organization
- Develop marketing strategies to gain a sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Communicate marketing analyses effectively in writing and through discussion.
- Strategic marketing analysis
- Developing a coherent marketing mix
- Understanding the impact of the marketing mix on brand equity and customer lifetime value
- Demonstrating an operational understanding of marketing
- Developing a critical assessment of marketing problems and a professional marketing audit