Alain Bloch is Scientific Director of HEC Entrepreneurs MSc and co-founder of HEC Family Business Center. From 1995 to 2015, he was head of the Marketing, Sales and Retail Chair of the Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers in Paris. He completed a PhD in 1982 from Paris Dauphine University. He is also a graduate engineer and an alumnus of Saint-Cyr French Military Academy. Alain Bloch is board member of the French Academy of Management and chaired the scientific board of the Institut de Recherche Stratégique de l’Ecole Militaire (IRSEM) from 2011 to 2015.
His own experience as an entrepreneur (he was founder and CEO until 1995 of "L'Annuaire Soleil", the first competitor of the Yellow Pages, former France Telecom) has led him to focus his research on innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership and organizational resilience. He has published a dozen books, including recently "Innovation & Entrepreneurship. From the Idea to the Organization." (Eska Publishing 2011) with Sophie Morin Delerm, "La stratégie du propriétaire" (Pearson 2012) with Nicolas Kachaner and Sophie Mignon and "L’éternité en héritage" (Economica, 2nd ed. 2016) with Isabelle Lamothe.
He is also Honorary Chamber Presiding Judge of Paris Commercial Court, where he remains until 2014, and Vice Chairman of Léon Grosse SA (MLLEO Euronext Paris) since 2016.
Chapters edited in books
Academic responsabilities at HEC
- 2004- Affiliate Professor HEC Paris
- Directeur du Master HEC Entrepreneurs HEC Paris
- Direction des CESA Dirigeant PME 28 et 30 HEC Paris
- Direction du CESA PME Yvelines est 1 HEC Paris
- Animations CESA Dirigeant Propriétaire, Successeurs et Repreneurs HEC Paris
External Academic Responsabilities
- 2004- Professor, Marketing, Sales & Retail Chairholder Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers
Membership in Academic or Professional Organisation
- President du Conseil scientifique de l'Institut de Recherche Strategique de l'Ecole Militaire (IRSEM)
- Administrateur de la Societe Francaise de Management
- Co-Fondateur des "Georges Doriot International Days"
- President du jury des trophes JPMorgan pour les Family Business