Olivier Bossard is Professor of Finance and Executive Director of the MSc Finance at HEC Paris.
Since 2011, his program has been ranked #1 worldwide for the 9th consecutive year in the Financial Times Global Ranking of Masters in Finance.
In June 2019, he receives the Best Professor Award at HEC Paris.
He also teaches Finance at Tsinghua University (Beijing) and Hitotsubashi University (Tokyo).
Olivier graduated as an Engineer from Ecole Centrale Paris (Diplôme d’ingénieur de l’ECP / MSc in Applied Mathematics, 1991).
He subsequently spent 3 years in Japan at Yokohama National University, where he specialized in Cryptography, Deep Learning Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence.
He has been working in the Financial Markets and Derivatives industry for over two decades. He developed and managed the Trading, Structuring and Financial Engineering Departments at four investment banks, based mainly in London, but also Paris, Frankfurt and Hong Kong.
Passionate about teaching, Olivier Bossard has been lecturing at HEC continuously since 1999, in parallel to his banking career. Since 2016, he is now the Executive Director of the MSc Finance at HEC Paris and dedicates his time sharing his experience with the younger generation.
His current study fields include: Finance 2.0, FinTech, Cryptography and Blockchain technology, as well as Big Data and Artificial Intelligence applications in Finance.
Academic responsabilities at HEC
- 2017- Professor of Finance - Custom Programs for Executives HEC Paris Executive Education
- 2016- Executive Director of the MSc Finance (MIF) and the "Finance Major" (MiM, Master in Management) HEC Paris
- 2016- Affiliate Professor, Finance HEC Paris
- 1999- Thesis Director, MSc Finance and "Finance Major" (MiM, Master in Management) HEC Paris
- 1999- Professor of Financial Engineering HEC Paris
External Academic Responsabilities
- 2019- Adjunct Professor, Finance Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo
- 2018- Adjunct Professor, Finance Université de Tsinghua, Beijing
- 2015-2016 Invited Professor, Finance ESSEC Business School, Paris
Membership in Academic or Professional Organisation
- Member of PRMIA, the Professional Risk Managers' International Association
- Member of the French Finance Association, the European Finance Association and the American Finance Association
- Member of the Econometric Society
- Member of the IFA, French Institute of Administrators
- Advisory Council Member at GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group)
- Founder and CEO at Jomini Consulting (UK, Hong Kong)
Awards & honors
- 2019 Best Professor Award, HEC Paris, "Vernimmen Prize" 2019
- 2018 HEC MSc Finance: #1 worldwide in the Financial Times Global Ranking of Masters in Finance
- 2013 Elected to "Who's Who in the World"
- 2007 Awarded Lehman Brothers "Presidents Corporate Citizenship Award", for Diversity and Inclusion, Philanthropy and Leadership