Jean-Edouard Colliard obtained a PhD in 2012 from the Paris School of Economics and is a former student of the Ecole Normale Supérieure (Ulm). Before joining HEC, Jean-Edouard worked for two years as an economist in the Research department of the European Central Bank.
His main research areas are the regulation of financial institutions and the microstructure of financial markets, including topics such as financial transactions taxes, over-the counter markets, bank capital requirements, or the European Banking Union. Jean-Edouard's research has been published in leading finance and managmeent journals such as the Journal of Finance, the Review of Financial Studies, the Review of Finance, and Management Science. He teaches courses on Financial Regulation for students of the "Majeure Finance", the MSc in International Finance, and the Executive MSc in Finance.
Jean-Edouard received the "Young Researcher in Economics" Award of Foundation Banque de France in 2017, the Eurofidai-BEDOFIH Data Award 2017, the "Young Researcher Award" 2015 of AMF (the French Securities Markets Authority), and the 1st SUERF/Unicredit & Universities Foundation Research Prize 2013.
Review of Financial Studies, November 2012, vol. 25, n° 11, pp 3389-3421, (in coll. with T. FOUCAULT)
Review of Financial Studies, Forthcoming, (in coll. with Giacomo CALZOLARI, Gyongyi LORANTH)
Review of Finance, Forthcoming,
Cahier de Recherche du Groupe HEC , 2017
Cahier de Recherche du Groupe HEC , 2016
European Central Bank - Eurosystem , 2015
Paris School of Economics Working Paper , 2014
Academic responsabilities at HEC
- 2018- Associate Professor HEC Paris
- 2014-2018 Assistant Professor HEC Paris
- 2014- Member of GREGHEC (CNRS) HEC Paris
External Academic Responsabilities
- 2008-2012 Doctorant, Finance École d'économie de Paris (Paris School of Economics)
- 2009-2010 Visiting doctoral student, Finance London School of Economics & Political Science
Awards & honors
- 2017 Eurofidai-BEDOFIH Data Award
- 2017 2017 Young Researcher in Economics of Fondation Banque de France
- 2015 Laureat 2015 du nouveau prix AMF du "jeune chercheur en economie"
- 2013 Prize for best PhD dissertation on monetary, financial or banking economics