Pascale Defline is an associate professor "Education track" in Accounting and Management Control Department of HEC Paris. With an Msc degree from HEC Paris in 1991, she received her Ph. D. in Public Management from the CNAM-Paris in 2011. Her Ph. D. dealt with profitability and public investment choices.
Her research is about public performance management, especially in local authorities, focusing on financial aspects.
Academic Director of Major / MSc AFM (Accounting, Finance and Management), she teaches financial accounting to students of Grande Ecole Program and EMBA Program. In 2017 and 2023, she received the Pierre-Vernimmen-BNP-Paribas Teaching Award (Education Track Faculty).
Before coming to HEC Paris, she taught at Paris-Dauphine University and at Paris Ouest Nanterre University. Before that, she worked for 9 years with the audit firm KPMG and with finance departments (Consortium de Réalisation and Saint-Gobain), after one year for a humanitarian mission in Thailand.
She is a member of AIRMAP (Association Internationale de Recherche en Management Public).
Academic Responsibilities at HEC
- 2020- Associate Professor (Education Track), Accounting and Management Control HEC Paris
- 2014-2019 Affiliate Professor HEC Paris
External Academic Responsibilities
- 2011-2013 Affiliate Professor Université Paris Dauphine
Awards & honors
- 2023 BNP Paribas Pierre Vernimmen Teaching Award (ETF)
- 2017 BNP Paribas Pierre Vernimmen Teaching Award (Affiliate Professor)