On-Campus: Pre-register to be alerted about dates for Summer 2024.
WHY THIS SUMMER PROGRAM?
- Earn an HEC Paris Certificate following successful completion of the program.
- Created and taught by leading HEC Paris Professors
- Through powerful and accessible teaching, participants will learn the key Corporate Finance principles.
- Program primarily based on recent international case studies from the real world.
- Simulations allow students to master the most efficient techniques used by Financial Analysts
- HEC Paris expertise in Finance: award-winning programs, number one pre-experience Global Master in Finance worldwide in 2018 (Financial Times).
The Corporate Finance Summer School program provides students with a financial knowledge base and a ready-to-use toolbox utilized by successful professionals in the finance industry. Participants will learn key Corporate Finance principles. The teaching team includes skilled practitioners who will discuss recent financial transactions with students and share best practices from investment bankers and financial advisors. Classwork is based on real-life, international case studies, using examples of publicly listed companies.
Over the intensive two-week summer period, participants in Corporate Finance will master the most efficient techniques used for financial analysis, equity fund raising, debt issuance as well as merger and acquisition financing. Students will develop financial risk awareness and gain exposure to spread sheet modelling.
International examples will be proposed in order to familiarize students with multicultural environments; the academic team incorporates cross-continental examples from Europe, Asia and America.
Essentials covered during the intensive program include the following:
- Company financial account analysis
- Core financial ratios and concepts
- Start-up and small cap financings and equity fund raising
- Investor expectations and corporate communication
- Dividend policies
- Company valuation
- Mergers and acquisitions financing
Upon successful completion of the summer program, participants will be able to:
- Understand and analyze financial accounts with the framework of a financing structure
- Estimate the financing needs of a corporation and its cost of capital
- Assess which financial instruments (equity or debt) are the most appropriate for a corporation
- Implement a successful capital increase, equity rights issue
- Gain expertise on the most popular hybrid financing instruments: convertible bonds, mezzanine debt, subordinated loans
- Become familiar with securitization
- Decide between investment projects financing using different methods
- Analyze Merger and Acquisition financing and successfully implement a development strategy
- Understand the concept of value creation and the impact on shareholder return based on company financing and capital structure
- Understand how to identify opportunities stemming from market volatility, changes in business cycles or swings in shareholders’ confidence