OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
M1 Core Courses
Operations Management focuses on the set of processes that create goods (and/or services). The Supply Chain Management refers to the global integration of the purchasing, production and distribution processes within a firm. The efficiency of such an integration constitutes a major competition factor. The performance is measured in terms of costs, quality, lead-time delivery and flexibility to respond to changes. This course presents the fundamental issues concerning information and flow management optimization in processes and supply chains.
This course is directed at providing a comprehensive introduction to main decisions and tradeoffs in Operations and Supply Chain Management. It focuses on three goals:
- Impart knowledge of the standard tools and techniques used in the field
- Develop an appreciation for the interaction of Supply Chain Management with other management functions in the organization
- Develop an understanding of the field as a whole. We intend to show that Operations/Supply Chain Management rather than an aggregation of tools is a blanket of concepts and management techniques.
- Operations and processes
- Flow and capacity management
- Hierarchical planning and Inventory control
- Purchasing, logistics and distribution systems
- Just-in-time and lean management
- Quality management
- Strategic decisions.