Master of Science Data Science for Business École Polytechnique-HEC
The program welcomes high potential students and recent graduates from around the world. An initial selection is based on the evaluation of all application elements. Pre-selected students are then invited to a challenging interview (on Skype or on campus).
Hold a Bachelor or Master's degree from an international institution
This master is just as relevant for IT specialists and applied mathematicians as it is for high-potential students with little to no former exposure to IT and statistics, as long as they have a strong level in mathematics.
Students must have a strong level in Mathematics and hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in the following fields:
- Bachelor in Science
- Bachelor in Engineering
- Bachelor in Business or in Economics.
The selection is a 2 phase process:
- A first selection is made based on the evaluation of your application and supporting documents.
- The pre-selected candidates will then be invited for a face-to-face or Zoom interview.
Apply online at: hec.edu/applytomasters/
Supporting documents to be up-loaded before the application deadline:
- Degree certificate(s) or current enrollment certificate
- All official academic transcripts obtained in a higher education institution (exchange programs included) with official GPA
- Résumé (CV)
- GMAT (including GMAT Focus) or GRE (including GRE shorter version) or TAGE MAGE official score report. Please note that, no minimum pass score is required to apply.
- English language proficiency test score report: TOEFL or TOEIC (Bridge or Listening and Reading or Speaking and Writing) or IELTS or Cambridge. Please note that, no minimum pass score is required to apply. This test is waived only for the following:
- English natives (please upload a scan of your passport)
- Students who have earned a degree from an institution in which ALL instruction is conducted in English. The official language of the degree program has to be stated in the degree certificate or its supplement, or in the transcript of records
- 2 completed online reference forms (at least one should be filled out by a professor)
- Passport-style photo
- Non-refundable application fee of €125.
APPLICATION DEADLINES NO LATER THAN:
- Round 1: October 17th, 2023 at 12pm (noon) CEST
- Round 2: January 3rd, 2024 at 12pm (noon) CET
- Round 3: February 28th, 2024 at 12pm (noon) CET
- Round 4: April 17th, 2024 at 12pm (noon) CEST
ADMISSIBILITY RESULTS NO LATER THAN*:
- Round 1: November 8th, 2023*
- Round 2: January 25th, 2024*
- Round 3: March 21st, 2024*
- Round 4: May 13th, 2024*
ADMISSION RESULTS NO LATER THAN 6pm (CEST) ON*:
- Round 1: November 24th, 2023 at 6pm*
- Round 2: February 16th, 2024 at 6pm*
- Round 3: April 16th, 2024 at 6pm*
- Round 4: June 4th, 2024 at 6pm*
*may be subject to change
The intake will take place on Campus, the last week of August.
Apply to five French business schools through Join a School in France. Join a School in France is a platform enabling international students with a non-French Bachelor's degree to apply for the Master's in Management program at five prestigious French business schools via a single application.
Graduates who hold a minimum three-year degree diploma (Bachelor’s, Licence, Benke, etc.) awarded by a nationally accredited higher education institution outside of France can apply directly through Join a School in France.
The deadlines for the 4 application sessions via Join a School in France are as follows:
Round 1: October 10th, 2023, at midnight Paris time
Round 2: January 3rd, 2024, at midnight Paris time
Round 3: March 1st, 2024, at midnight Paris time
Round 4: April 17th, 2024, at midnight Paris time
You select your top choice if admitted to more than one school.
The application fee is 220 euros.
Students must choose one option only, i.e. if you apply directly to HEC, you cannot apply through Join a School in France (ex SAI), and vice versa. Both methods are treated equally and fairly.
If an application is submitted both through Join a School in France and through HEC directly, only the first validated application shall be processed for the September 2024 intake.
Visit the Join a School in France website for more information."
Diversity and Inclusion
With over 120 nationalities and as many social and cultural backgrounds, the HEC Paris Community is a unique melting-pot that allows each student to better understand the world we live in.Learn more