Who are we, and what is our goal?
Start’HEC is the entrepreneurship club of HEC Paris. We aim to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in France. We organize weekly conferences and workshops with Europe’s most famous entrepreneurs, and a yearly trip to one of the world’s leading start-up hubs. Our Venture Capital branch, developed this year, aims to attract HEC’s finance-inclined students towards start-ups to help turn France into a nation of entrepreneurs.
What key events do you organize throughout the year?
- A dozen conferences and workshops throughout the year.
- Multiple visits of Incubators and startups.
- An annual trip to a start-up hub (Israel in 2019).
- A business game with an engineering school (Centrale in 2019).
- Recruiting and networking events with Venture Capital funds.
Who should join this society?
Everyone, especially those interested in entrepreneurship and launching their own start-up like many successful HEC students before them.
Who is on your committee and how many members are you?
Start’HEC has 27 members, including:
- Matías Melo Felgueres, President
- Baptiste Wiel, Vice President
- Clara Becard, Secretary General
- Benjamin Neves, Treasurer
- Alexia Dubois, communications manager
- Louis Fialho, conference manager - Dorian Dufour, director of HEC Seed
What is your society’s history?
Start’HEC was created 4 years ago and is still in its early days: you have the power to shape the society and make it your own!