HEC Paris and the five founding partner schools of the Institut Polytechnique de Paris (École Polytechnique, ENSTA ParisTech, ENSAE ParisTech, Télécom ParisTech and Télécom SudParis) sign a cooperation agreement, representing the first step towards the creation of an ambitious, multidisciplinary academic alliance in the fields of Technology and Business Innovation.
This alliance between Institut Polytechnique de Paris (IP Paris) and HEC Paris consolidates the strong, long-standing collaboration between the various partner institutions. Founded on the principles of excellence and a multidisciplinary approach, this alliance, organized on a human scale and featuring an extensive operational agility, will be devoted to the implementation of concrete academic projects aimed at attracting the best international students and professors.
The agreement has been approved by the board of directors of each of the signing partners. It endorses the launch of foundational academic projects in the fields of Technology and Business Innovation including:
- The establishment of a joint doctoral track allowing the world’s best PhD students to be trained in the fields of business and engineering. This track will be offered through a coaffiliation between HEC Paris and the doctoral school of Institut Polytechnique de Paris, combining the research Master’s and doctoral programs.
- New joint professional international Master’s programs strongly rooted in innovation will also be put in place, with the launch of a joint “Entrepreneurs” Master’s program as early as Autumn 2019, in order to promote the continual emergence of startups in the services and technology domains (Data science, MedTech, New Space, etc.).
- The establishment of a joint engineering consulting project in Business Analytics based on the existing research collaborations with Labex Ecodec.
- The creation of an Executive Education track for professionals seeking to continue their education, at any point in their professional career, based upon the shared strengths of the partner schools, linking the themes of Technology and Business Innovation.
- A section dedicated to actions promoting equal opportunities is also included in the cooperation agreement.
For Eric Labaye, President of École Polytechnique and of the Board of Directors of Institut Polytechnique de Paris, “This agreement signed with HEC Paris - a business school known worldwide for its excellence - reinforces the momentum which started within Institut Polytechnique de Paris in October 2018 and more recently with the unveiling of our new brand. It signifies another major step in the creation of a world-class science and technology institution. We are proud to have HEC Paris alongside us, to combine our strengths, reinforce our multidisciplinarity, amplify our cooperative efforts and collectively gain visibility and international attraction”.
Peter Todd, Dean of HEC Paris, declares: “The signing of this cooperation agreement with Institut Polytechnique de Paris, one of the very best clusters of engineering schools in the world, is an honor for HEC Paris. This is already a very solid first step towards a broader academic project that France needs in order to be among the top two or three countries where researchers and students of excellence from across the world wish to study. I am delighted that Eric Labaye and the other directors of the partner schools of Institut Polytechnique de Paris share with HEC Paris the conviction that, thanks to a multidisciplinary approach, we can unite in order to provide more innovative offers for our students and allow French Higher Education to shine throughout the world”.
+33 1 39 67 94 39
Raphaël de Rasilly
+ 33 1 69 33 38 97 / + 33 6 69 14 51 56