Stay ahead of the game: Experiment and co-create
Research and excellence are part of HEC Paris's DNA. By joining our thriving ecosystem, you will be able to anticipate major developments and decode weak signals relevant to your business, and in response, promote the emergence of new ideas and innovations.
We offer numerous opportunities for you to work alongside our professors (lecturers and researchers), students, and participants and build tomorrow’s global economy. Playing an active role in the dialogue between management research, innovation, teaching and the business world will give you the chance to share your vision and expertise with young students and experienced program participants who come to HEC Paris from all over the world and hear what they have to say.
Below are some of the partnerships we offer. Please contact us for further information!
JOIN ONE OF OUR SPECIALIZED CENTERS
Each specialized center is designed to explore specific business related topics. They are built on three pillars — research, teaching, and concrete action – and bring together academics (students, lecturers, and researchers) and economic actors (from startups to international corporations).
The IDEA Center Innovation, Digitalisation, Entrepreneurship & Action
The IDEA Center supports HEC Paris's position as Europe's leading business school for innovation, entrepreneurship, intrapreneurship and digital technology
The center consists of three research laboratories, nine majors and three teaching certificates, as well as acceleration programs such as the HEC Incubator at Station F, Challenge + and Stand Up (women entrepreneurs from disadvantaged neighbourhoods). It also includes business partnerships with five major chairs. With a lean and agile design, the primary purposeof the IDEA Centre is to bring together and support talented academics and business practitioners active in the fields of innovation, entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship, and digital technologies.
Society and Organization Center (S&O)
Society and Organizations (S&O) is an interdisciplinary center whose members research and lecture on contemporary challenges confronting organizations (such as as businesses, NGOs, rating agencies and regulators), and how these organizations shape society.
Contemporary challenges include climate-related constraints, social inequality, technological disruption, ecological values, ethical imperatives, liberalization, regulation, and more.
S&O's mission statement is to contribute to the understanding of these phenomena, support the principal actors of these transformations, and prepare future generations of managers to lead in these complex environments.
Private Equity Observatory (OPE) – Buyout Center
This center’s purpose is to carry out research on best practices in the field of investment, investment logic, and value-creation mechanisms for private investors.
CREATE A CORPORATE INITIATIVE OR RESEARCH CHAIR IN YOUR NAME
The worlds of teaching,research and business come together in our corporate initiatives and research chairs.
These programs are designed to provide companies with resources to boost their innovation capacity and respond to their strategic challenges. For the school, these programs are a means to promote research and student training programs.
Let’s design and build tomorrow’s world together by teaming up our research efforts.
Through a chair or corporate initiative, partner companies make resources available to HEC Paris's scientific and educational community and can promote their vision on a specific subject. These partnerships allow companies to:
- Invest in a creative ecosystem that allows your teams together with researchers, startups, and students to become more agile and increases your visibility on campus
- Play a role in our strategic decision-making via your participation in one of two committees organised by the HEC Foundation: the Innovation, Teaching & Diversity Committee or the Research Committee
- Take part in discussions and develop initiatives special events
What are the objectives of the initiatives and chairs?
- Advance academic and applied research on a major subject that conveys (or challenges) the vision of the partner company
- Develop innovative training programmes for HEC Paris students,timulate innovation via dedicated initiatives (conferences, cases, challenges, certificates, and so on)
- Corporate Initiatives focus predominantly on teaching, while chairs focus on research.
What are the benefits for your company?
Raise your visibility in a particular sector or strategic issue
- Increase brand awareness among the different HEC Paris stakeholders (professors, students, academic and economic partners) and public (the academic community , competitors, alumni, major donors, influencers, and so on).
- Increase your interaction with students at the various events organised by HEC Paris: recruitment fairs , conferences, specific activities linked to the initiative or chair...
- Receive preferential access to the work of researchers and professors in the areas related to the focus of the initiative or chair
- With the creation of a pedagogical initiative, actively involve your teams and managers in the courses taught by HEC Paris professors
- Meetings will be facilitated between companies and students around the specific focus of the initiative or chair and beyond, so you can get to know each other and promote your employer brand and recruitment (internships, business projects, jobs, and so on)
- Benefit from tax deductions, depending on your country: France*, Switzerland, UK and US within the limits set by law.
* For example, 60% of donations in France up to 0.05% of turnover.
Why is it so important for HEC Paris?
To fulfil our aim of fostering dialogue between academic and business worlds, it is essential to:
- Make it easier for partner companies to connect wtih professors specialising in the subject of the Corporate Initiative or Research Chair
- Constantly develop our teaching programmes based on input from partner companies, adapting them to fit the needs of the market – in France and internationally. The goal is to advance teaching in synergy with the business world.
Joining a center or creating a Corporate Initiative or Research Chair is an investment and a commitment to work alongside HEC Paris and become a partner company with HEC Paris and HEC Foundation.
See all HEC Paris Chairs