HEC & Asia
There are over 440 Asian students at HEC Paris, which represents 12% of the student body. Our Chinese and Indian students, who number 200 and 140 respectively, represent the largest national groups.
31 academic Asian partners in nine countries:
- 10 academic partners in Greater China (Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Hong-Kong)
- 5 academic partners in India
- 4 academic partners in Japan
- 3 academic partners in Singapore
- 3 academic partners in South Korea
- 1 academic partner in Indonesia
- 1 academic partner in the Philippines
- 1 academic partner in Taiwan
- 1 academic partner in Thailand
Each year, this network of international academic partners supports the exchange of more than 250 students, equally split between HEC students who go to Asia and students from Asian academic partners who come to HEC Paris.
Examples of academic partners
- HEC Paris & Tsinghua SEM – a strong partnership with a wide range of programs: joint Master in Management (MiM) degree through the CEMS network. three double degree agreements with HEC Master in Management, HEC MBA and HEC Master in Finance. An AMP (Advanced Management Program) in Fashion & Luxury, an EMBA major. Tsinghua SEM is also member of the PIM network, which includes HEC Paris and over 60 other academic institutions worldwide.
- HEC Paris & HKUST (Hong Kong University of Science & Technology): a joint Master in Management (MiM) degree through the CEMS network. Students exchange. HKUST is also member of the PIM network and a member of the GNAM (Global Network for Advanced Management), alongside 29 other academic institutions.
- HEC Paris & NUS (National University of Singapore) Business School: a joint Master in Management (MiM) degree through the CEMS network. A double degree with the HEC MBA program. Student exchanges. Together with HEC Paris and over 60 other academic institutions worldwide, NUS is a member of the PIM network and with 29 other institutions, member of the GNAM (Global Network for Advanced Management).
- HEC Paris & Keio University: since 2008, exchange of students and, since 2016, Double Degree with Graduate School of Economics. For MBA, since 1988, exchange of students and, from 2011 onwards, a Double Degree. Also joint Degree through CEMS Global Alliance.
Executive Education Programs
More than three decades ago, HEC Paris was one of the first foreign business schools to establish partnerships with leading Chinese academic institutions like Tsinghua SEM - School of Economics and Management and to develop executive education programs such as an EMBA and custom programs.
HEC Representative Offices
HEC Paris opened a China subsidiary in Beijing in 2006, mainly focused on Executive Education and, until 2016, offering an EMBA program in China. The mission of the office is also to maintain and to develop partnerships with academic institutions and corporations and to coordinate the HEC alumni community in China.
In order to better serve the interests of the HEC community, the Chinese office has extended its reach to Hong Kong in 2017, with a focus on Alumni affairs, corporate relations and student placements.
HEC Paris is present in Japan since 1984 under a collaborative agreement with Hitotsubashi University. In 1991, HEC Paris Japan Office opened in Tokyo, currently located at Maison Franco-Japonaise.
HEC Alumni Chapters
14 HEC Chapters, representing over 4,000 Alumni in Asia, are located in nine countries:
- 5 in greater China: Beijing, Shanghai, South China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- 2 in India: Bangalore and Mumbai
- 1 in Indonesia, 1 in Japan, 1 in Korea, 1 in Malaysia, 1 in Singapore, 1 in Thailand and 1 in Vietnam